Cleaning Soap Scum Off Slate Tiles

On the shower walls of one of our bathrooms we have slate on the walls. The slate is all uneven and all different colors, I love it. Technically it's my husband's bathroom and he hates everything about the slate (he picked it out). We already spent the money refinishing the house, so it's not going to be able to be changed anytime soon.

Anyway, the slate tiles have gotten soap scum on them and I don't know how to get it off. When the tile was installed it was sealed. We want to seal it again, because some time has gone by, but I need to get the soap scum off of it first.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me please? I've looked on HSN and QVC because they have so many cleaning products available, but no luck.

Thank you.

By metroplex from Houston, TX

A good bathroom foam spray with a brush.Then get rid of the bar soap and start using Bath/Shower Gel.

I find Magic Erasers good for soap scum, but if the tile is rough, it may really wear down these things.

Whatever you use, when it is clean, have your husband wipe down the shower with a towel or a squeegee after he showers. Then you won't get this build up.

Slate Floor
Cleaning a Slate Floor
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomOctober 4, 2009
Hand washing shower wall
Removing Soap Scum from Shower Doors
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Removing Moss from Asphalt Roof Tiles
Washing Machine
Cleaning Soap Scum Out of a Washing Machine
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Remove Soap Scum from Fiberglass