Wildlife: Beautiful Robin Outside My Window

I was sitting at my kitchen table on May 18th and happened to look up and see this beautiful robin sitting outside on the lawn chairs. Fortunately, I had time to grab my digital camera, which was right on the table, and get this picture right before he flew away. He was about 10 feet away. I shot the picture through the glass, using my zoom lens. The robin looks like he was posing for me!

I love my digital camera; it's a Kodak EasyShare Z915. I am finally able to capture certain photos that my film cameras never could. Although I must say, there is nothing "easy" about the EasyShare software. I found that I can just take the chip out of the camera, and put it in my netbook. Then I copy the photos with the Windows picture software.

By Pixiedust7

I too, am happy with digital cameras, but someone tell me, who invented the chime that comes on when I turn on my camera? I wonder if they all have those chimes? I love to watch robin's and their activities! Thank you for this lovely photo and sharing it with us!

Blessings,

Robyn

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for your feedback! My camera doesn't chime when I turn it on, so that must be something some manufacturers include and others don't. If you check out the features on your camera you may be able to turn it off, if it is bothering you.

I wouldn't want it because it would alert my cats that I am taking their pictures & then they would move & I'd lose the shot. My film cameras would always alert them when I turned on the flash - the cats would hear the high pitched squeal of the flash unit warming up.

I too enjoy watching birds & wildlife. It's fun to get photos like this, too.

Thanks again.

Pixiedust7

beautiful

A robin sitting on an outside plastic chair.
Photos of Robins
Photos WildlifeJune 23, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
A chaffinch sitting on a rock by a garden pond.
Keeping Ponds Safe for Fish and Wildlife
Pond Fish
Protecting Pond Fish From Wildlife
Red Robin Chili
Red Robin Copycat Chili Recipe
🎄