Garden: Waiting For Spring

Do you ever plant your seeds or bulbs, and rose bushes, in spring, only to spend the next few weeks going out to check how many millimeters they've grown since the last time you checked - 2 hours ago? LOL I do, and am right now! The hardest part of spring for me is waiting for things to come up and bloom!

So I came up with a solution! Silk flowers! I went to the Dollar store today and spent $13 on silk flowers. When I got home I cut each flower off the "base," then I took all the flowers and stuck them all around my gardens where I have bulbs planted. I also got some silk roses and stuck them among my real rose bushes.

Now I have flowers to enjoy NOW until my real ones come up and bloom! Once they do I'll take up all the silk ones and wash them off and keep till next year!

By Cricket from Parkton, NC

Garden: Waiting For Spring

Garden: Waiting For Spring

Very good idea. Thanks for sharing.

My bulbs are starting to come up good now, so I'm slowly thinning out the silk flowers and moving them to other places around the yard. Like at the base of my clothesline poles. Really perks that area up!

A very good friend of mine has been doing this for years, and I never knew it until she confessed after I gushed and gushed about her beautiful year-long garden! It really floored me, but I really admire her creativity!

robin in winter scene
Signs of Spring in the Garden
Home and Garden Gardening SeasonalApril 13, 2010
Spring floral wall bucket using artificial flowers.
Homemade Spring Decorations
Woman Spring Cleaning Outside With Pressure Washer
Spring Cleaning (Outside Your House)
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
Dried Wreath With Crocus Flower
Homemade Spring Wreaths