Cat Litter For Traction On Ice

By Ann Winberg 306 239

By sprinkling clean cat litter on your sidewalk or driveway, it may save you from a bad fall and it will give you traction if you have ice under the snow. Remember the cat litter won't hurt your lawn either. You don't have a cat? Well you are missing out on a loving pet and she or he could be saving you from a fall on the ice besides. Cat litter is cheap from the discount stores.

Source: Family Almanac 2010

By latrtatr

Showing: Comments Sort

By LisaE 23 96 Flag

For those who live in snowy winters, I highly suggest to keep a bag of cat litter in the trunk of your car. If your car wheels lose traction on snow and ice, place litter under your tires. This might give you enough traction to get you out of the slick spot.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Juli Karel 4 Flag

Just make sure it's not the kind that clumps together. It gets slick as snot, but the regular cat litter works great for both getting stuck and on concrete. I keep some in the trunk of my car for those just in case moments.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Laura Tarasoff 31 Flag

Make sure it's not a litter with ammonia as the freshness ingredient. That's harmful to a lot of things.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Cathy 30 Flag

It's important to only use clay litter with no additives. Besides killing your grass, your carpet can also become discolored if the litter contains "odor killers".

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Patty 13 36 Flag

I've used the kitty litter a few times & will not again. At least in my cases, the cat litter turned to a nasty mush! Didn't help me at all for tire traction, ust sprayed the 'mush' all over the place. Protect your clothing if you try it! I didn't. :(

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A girl trying to drive on snow and ice.
Getting Traction When Driving on Ice
Previous
Home and Garden Home Improvement Home SafetyJanuary 17, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A girl trying to drive on snow and ice.
Getting Traction When Driving on Ice
Removing Ice from Your Windshield, Gloved hand scraping icy windshield.
Removing Ice from Your Windshield
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
Cat exiting a litter box.
Cat Litter Mat Reviews
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 10:12:42 AM on 10.0.2.50 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings