Reprogramming the Universal Remote

If you are using a universal remote it will lose its programming when you change the batteries. Instead of having to look up the correct code, etc., write the code on the remote-either inside the battery cover or on the back. White-out is great for writing on black objects.

By Linda

Hi, Linda! White-out has been handy for a lot of projects for me. I've used it on black construction paper, along with white shoe polish and a black Sharpie to do some pretty cool posters. The black Sharpie is mostly to correct mistakes, and I do not claim to be an artist. But I did a really nice one for an auto parts store I was working at a few years ago. It was a Halloween poster with a somewhat tattered, weathered tree in the foreground and bats hanging in it and flying all over the place. The caption was "Let Us Test Your Bat Tree". About half the folks got it, and the other half said, "Do what?"

We did free battery checks for anyone who wanted them, and often found batteries that weren't long for this world. This was a well advertised feature of the shop, but still a lot of folks just didn't get my poster. I thought it was quite clever, but I guess sometimes you can be too darn clever.

Universal Remote
Programming a Universal Remote
Home and Garden Repair Electronics (Small)November 3, 2004
Remote Control Holder
Making a Remote Control Holder
Remote Car Alarm
Using a Remote Car Alarm
Garage Door Remote Opener
Garage Door Remote Opener Not Working
Remote Control on White Background
Cleaning a Remote Control
🎄