Famous Women Paper "Quilt"

Materials:

• 20 3x5 plain colored paper squares
  • 20 3x5 printed paper squares (ex. I used multiple kind of paper but one of them was wrapping paper that I bought in the dollar store.)
  • Ad
  • paper doilies (enough to cover the rim of the quilt)
  • pictures of the women (I copied from the net and from encyclopedias and other books).
  • Contac paper

If you desire to make it a mother's or grandmother's gift, use family pictures instead.

Directions:

1. On blank paper I made a small poem to describe the person whose picture was next to it. I suggest that all the above be done before tackling the next section.
  2. Now you need 25x31 inch Contac paper.
  3. This part is tricky; place Contac paper on the table with the protecting sheet removed. Put your doily (only the scalloped edge will be used) around the edge of the Contac paper.
  4. Place the 1st picture on the top left hand corner. To the side of it place the poem that goes with it.
  5. Repeat 3 more times.
  6. Next row. Start with the poem and then the picture. Repeat 3 more times.
  7. Now repeat these 2 rows another 2 times. This will finish your quilt. The measurements can be changed according to your desire.

By LRP from Lowell, MA

What a cute idea! A wonderful craft project for girls of all ages! I think it turned out beautifully and would look great hung on a wall or set on a dining table for all your guests to see when having company. Keep up the good work! Love the idea!

Paper Quilt
Making a Paper "Quilt"
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsSeptember 20, 2006
Contact Paper Crafts
Craft Uses for Contact Paper
Up close photo of quilt binding.
Binding a Quilt
Paper pieced quilt top, endless chains pattern.
Making a Paper Pieced Quilt
A pile of old photos.
Making a Photo Quilt
🎉
🎄