Inexpensive Wedding Hall In Washington DC

My daughter is getting married in August and we are in need of an inexpensive wedding hall. I'm trying to help her. But funds are really tight. We need a place that is clean, with a kitchen, tables and chairs, that will allows us to bring food, and that we can decorate the night before. Due to the fact that it's my job, and I have to decorate the church as well.

Juanamie from Washington, DC

A friend of mine got married at a state park near Frederick, MD several years ago. There was a nice recreation hall with a deck that looked out over the countryside. We ate outside of the building, and it was very nice.My suggestion is to try one of the DC-area parks for an enclosed recreation center. You may need to act fast since these places book up quickly for summer.

I would suggest a senior community center that also serves them their noon meal from Meals On Wheels - they also plays games with them occupying their time from 9a to Noon or watch movies, exercising etc.

We have one here in our town that rents out at $75 for 4 or less hours. "It" also has a kitchen area attached to the room with a double sink, a refrigerator with freezer, a stove with oven, and a large microwave. The room has long tables that seat 8 with folded padded chairs.

Let us know how your affair turns out. Paula Jo Carr

I would call a church and ask how much to rent out their dining hall? Some churches need money and would have what you requested. I know baptist churches have dining halls, for Wednesday night dinners. A medium sized church might be more reasonable.. and less in use : )

If you belong to a church, see about using/renting the Fellowship Hall. Or if you don't belong to a church, see if one of your friends does and find out if you can rent hers.

I also think the fellowship hall of the church is the best place for the reception. I think just about everywhere in DC is expensive. But you might like to research somewhere closeby in the state of Maryland. I wouldnt go to Frederick, MD as someone else suggested, because that is too far away, however. Can you do an online search under Waldorf, MD to see what is available in that area?

Good luck

Bride and groom standing together.
Saving Money on a Wedding
Weddings AdviceMarch 21, 2008
A platter of fruit and cheese.
Inexpensive Wedding Appetizers
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Washington Christmas Charities
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Wedding Reception
Wedding Reception Wall Decorations