Homemade Gift Ideas and Packaging

For small gifts, hot chocolate mixes, coffee creamers, etc., take inexpensive felt sheets 8x11 and cut in half longways. You have two pieces 4x11. Sew or glue sides together (I sewed them), resulting in a bag that is 4x5.5 inches. Trim raw edges with decorative scissors. Decorate bags by gluing or sewing cinnamon sticks, buttons, flowers, lace, bows, whatever you desire, let your imagination go wild. Insert gift item and tie closed with decorative ribbon.

I made gourmet flavored coffee creamers and put 8 ounces in a plastic baggie and printed labels with directions and placed on the plastic baggie. Then I printed labels with the name of what was inside the gift bag and placed on the outside of the gift bag. I then placed the plastic baggie inside and tied them closed with elastic metallic gift ribbon. These made really cute gifts, stocking stuffers, etc. I made them to sell at a craft show for $3.50 each and they went like crazy. I made chocolate candycane (cocoa and peppermint extract), holiday spice (pumpkin pie spice), and cinnamon roll (vanilla and cinnamon).

What ones I have left, will go in my gift baskets I give for Christmas. Enjoy!

By Cheryl from Peebles, OH

Gifts That Cost Nothing
Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas
Crafts Christmas GiftsDecember 8, 2005
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Plastic Packaging
Removing Plastic Packaging
Neatly Wrapped Homemade Soap
Packaging Homemade Soap for Sale
preparing gingerbread cookies as a gift
Homemade Christmas Presents for Adults