Heath Toffee Candy

This is soooo good. I always get raves from the people who eat it. It is habit forming. I always give 1/2 of it away or i would eat it all.

Here goes:

Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Put a layer of club crackers laying them flat, side by side on the foil. I usually alternate the rows. One going vertically, one going horizontally. Bring 2 sticks of butter and 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed) to a boil. I usually put the burner on 4 and allow the butter and sugar to melt and blend together. Bring it to a boil for at least 1 minute. Do not scorch or burn.

Remove from the heat and put in 1 teaspoon baking soda. Stir it at this point real good. It will become frothy. Keep stirring to blend the butter. Pour this mixture over the crackers. You can use a spatula to help cover all the crackers well. Spread it from corner to corner and edge to edge.

Bake 7 minutes in a preheated over at 350 degrees. It will be brown and bubbly. Important to watch the time and not burn in the oven. Remove from the oven. I put it in the freezer to cool for 15 minutes. Or you can cool it on the cupboard. When it cools it will become firm. Melt a bag of milk chocolate chips (not semi-sweet or dark) on low heat in a pan or in the microwave. Stir to blend. When all is melted and smooth, spread with a spatula over the cooled toffee and crackers. Cool.

I put mine in the refrigerator for several minutes until firm. When cooled and firm, break into irregular pieces and enjoy. Store in refrigerator in warm weather.

Source: This recipe was from a friend I worked with about 10 years ago.

D. Lockwood -

You can also use Graham Crackers and it turns out to be very good. Give it a try sometimes.

Hi love the sound of this recipe but as I live in the UK I,ve no idea what club crackers are.Is there a substitute.Any info greatly appreciated. Regards Jan UK.

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts CandiesMay 21, 2008
cinnamon, hazelnuts, and chocolate
Cinnamon Hazelnut Toffee Recipes
Chocolate Toffee
Chocolate Toffee Recipes
Toffee Squares
Toffee Squares
Photo of two Heath Bars.
Recipes Using Heath Bars