Three Tips I Use for a Perfect Apple Pie!

Fall has arrived and so have a selection of good pie apples. Thru experimentation I have found these three tips to help make your warm Apple Pie delicious and almost perfect every time!

1. Use a variety of apples, like a tart Granny Smith or Pippin with a sweet Golden Delicious or Jonagold.

2. The secret to a crispy pie crust? Place the pie on a preheated cookie sheet and bake in the lower third of your oven.

3. For best results, cut the fruit uniformly in size - I get perfect wedges with Oxo's Corer/Wedger ($11.50; oxo.com), or if you have a Linen's and Things store, they usually offer a 20% off coupon in the Sunday morning ads. Use it and save more on the Corer/Wedger.

Now go bake a great apple pie. I can smell it baking now. YUM!

By Bobbie G from Rockwall, TX

Photo of a baked apple pie.
Apple Pie Tips and Tricks
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingOctober 17, 2006
An apple pie with a delicious looking pie crust.
Pie Crust Tips and Tricks
Apple Pie
Diabetic Apple Pie Recipes
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider, Two glasses of sparkling apple cider.
Make Your Own Sparkling Apple Cider
🎉
🎄