Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Making Salsa Without Peppers

Is there a recipe out there on how to make salsa without peppers for people who are allergic to peppers?

Cindy from Alberta, Canada

By

By Arlene. (Guest Post)10/04/2008

I have a question which may seem dumb to everyone but I would like to know what you use Salsa for and what foods you use it with? We are strictly an old fashioned meat and potato family and have never used salsa. Thank you for your reply.

<b>Editor's Note</b> Salsa is a spicy, tomato sauce used in Latin American cooking. Great on many dishes, eggs, potatoes or just about everything for many people!

By painterlee (Guest Post)10/03/2008

You can get exotic and use pineapple, mango, peaches, star fruit, kiwi (any of these by themselves or in combination) for your base. Then add red onion, garlic, tomato, vinegar or lime juice, sugar, salt, fresh herbs (either cilantro or basil or parsley). Do all this to taste and have fun! Each one will be different depending on your ingredients. Oh, I sometimes add jam and eliminate the sugar; like use peach jam or pineapple jam instead of sugar. Happy salsa-ing!
-Lee in Florida

By H. Novack10/03/2008

1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 oz? about that size)
2 tsp cider vinegar
2 tsp lime or lemon juice
2 tsp canola oil
1 tsp garlic powder
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin

Mix well, let sit 15 mins or more...

By pj mcgee (Guest Post)10/02/2008

I had to quit using peppers because my husband has an ulcer. I blend up tomatoes (canned or fresh) lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley (dried or fresh) and green onions. Sometimes I add a small amount of cumin.

By sarah [1]10/01/2008

Just take any salsa recipe and nix the peppers =].

The salsa I make is really chunky, my friends love it. I used a big can of diced tomatos (drained) and add canned corn, canned black beans, canned chickpeas(garbanzo beans), diced onion and diced cilantro. Its really, really good. You can do fresh as well. I boiled fresh corn one time and shaved the corn off the cob and added it to my salsa one time instead of using canned.