BBQ Sauce

This has just enough bite to be great without being overpowering. We have used this recipe for about 20 years.

• 1/4 cup liquid smoke
  • 2-3 cups catsup (very forgiving)
  • 2 cups water
  • 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp. onion powder
  • Ad
  • 2 tsp. chili powder
  • 2 Tbsp. molasses
  • 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Simmer all ingredients in a large pot for 30 minutes, covered, stirring a few times. Makes about 1 3/4 quarts.

Source: My cousin, although her version was quite a bit more spicy. If you like it spicy, go for more chili powder and Worcestershire sauce.

By Ms. Carmen

What is liquid smoke? I've never heard of it.

<b>Editor's Note: </b> Here's a good description http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liquid_smoke

It has so much liquid smoke in it and not much bulk except the cat sup...is it printed right? It does sound good, but I'm hesitant about all that liquid smoke...that's a full bottle, isn't it?

This is a wonderful recipe! The liquid smoke comes in different sizes of bottles. I cut the recipe in half because I wasn't making that much meat. I was hesitant also about all that liquid smoke but it was absolutely wonderful! I put the sauce over whatever meat I was using then baked it in the oven (covered) until the meat was done. The sauce thickened up just enough.

Homemade Barbecue Sauce
Homemade Barbecue Sauce Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SaucesApril 17, 2009
Peanut Sauce Recipes, Pork satay with peanut sauce dip.
Peanut Sauce Recipes
BBQ Chicken Pizza
BBQ Chicken Pizza Recipes
Southern Barbecue Sauce
Southern Barbecue Sauce Recipes
🎉
🎄