Never The Same Soup

We love soup around here so I make a lot at a time. Every time I have leftovers, I let them cool down. Then in a gallon plastic jug, I put all my leftovers and freeze. When I am ready to make soup, I pull out my jug and then get out my two large cooking pots. I divide everything equally between pots (or in half, if only enough for 1 pot). If you want more meat than you have in the jug, brown it first in pot then divide between pots.

1. 2 large cans of diced tomatoes
  2. 2 large cans of tomato sauce
  3. 1 large diced onion
  4. extra diced potatoes if desired
  5. any extra meat if desired
  6. spices as desired

Now add all ingredients and bring to a boil. Lower to a simmer and simmer for about 2 hours and serve. It is never the same, my family loves it!

By Gail from Prattville, AL

Food and Recipes Recipes SoupsMarch 22, 2007
Chili Soup
Chili Soup Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Consistently Sized Cookies
Making Consistently Sized Cookies
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup