Vinegar for Whitening Corelle Dishes

When we moved 5 years ago, my Corelle dishes were all white. However, after time using the dishwasher that was in the house, my dishes have turned dingy gray, especially on the bottom and around the edges. I've tried baking soda (that worked on my glasses) to no avail. Today, while hand washing them I thought 'let's see what vinegar does. So I poured some in a dishpan and put some bowls in - and lo and behold - they came out white. I really should have tried that sooner since I knew what other miracles vinegar performs. I just wanted to share this. I wrote Corelle and they never answered. I've also tried different cleansers but no good, the whole time the best and cheapest cleaner was in my cupboard.

Thank you very much for that tip... I will try this with my all white Corelle dishes too! I have 'had' some success with Bar Keepers... if I let it sit for a couple of hours first and use a scour pad. :-)

I use Bar Keeper's Friend too! Like the first post. I add vinegar in my dishwasher but didn't think to use as a whitener. Thanks a lot. My dishes are the same.

Back and edges are dingy! I use vinegar on just about everything. Didn't think of using on my plates!

stained cup
Cleaning Corelle Dishes
Home and Garden Cleaning DishesSeptember 12, 2006
vinegar and baking soda
Uses for Vinegar
Girl Whitening Her Teeth
Whitening Your Teeth
Balsamic Vinegar
Using Balsamic Vinegar
Vinegar Bottle
Removing Vinegar Smell from Carpet