Recipes for Breadsticks, Cookie Sticks, Etc

I'm seeking ideas for bread sticks and cookie sticks! I received a lovely lead crystal container as my first Christmas gift of 2007. The interior of the cylindrical container is just over 7" tall and about 5.25" in diameter. Although you could use it for flowers (a lot of them because the mouth is huge), I would like to put food in it, because it would be displayed very well!

I'm thinking about bread sticks, very long cookie sticks, or maybe dipped pretzels - although I'm guessing those long, thick pretzel sticks may not be long enough! I really wouldn't have to put stick shapes in there - maybe it could be something people could get out with long toothpicks or a long spoon. I need your imaginations!

Liz from Maryland

Long biscotti

What about adding something to the bottom of the crystal vase? Like waxed paper or something, crunched up to fill the bottom a little then add the dipped pretzels ect. Tie a simple red or gold ribbon around the center.

I have seen (in magazines) a lot of tall vases filled with lemons. Just stack them to the top and put on a table. Very chic and inexpensive.

I hate to be the one to rain on your parade dear, But If you check...LEAD is in lead crystal and is NOT SAFE to use for FOOD items.Just check out any of the dept. stores in your area. They have warning signs up in their displays of lead crystal. Kohls,Linens and Things, Penny's Macy's,Costco etc. all do here in Ca. I was told that if you line the container with plastic wrap first it is ok ,But I do not trust that for my great granddaughter and great grandsons. How do we know for sure? Be aware..and BE SAFE. Maybe use it for fresh flowers with a small bare tree branch sprayed white and artificial bird or a small flowering plant,fill in the vase with greens to hide the pot, fill with small pinecones with ever green sprigs/holly or those tiny shiny foil packages,and the shiny Christmas ornaments come in many sizes, mix some together. Hope this is helpful to you. Great Granny Hugs,Vi

Thanks, Gran and everyone! I had it in the back of my mind that I had to check the lead issue, but hadn't gotten around to it! I love all your suggestions, and the vase is so big around that I definitely have room to line it for edibles. Thanks! Keep those ideas coming! Happy Holidays! Liz

I must second the biscotti idea. Look on Martha Stewart's site for recipes. I've used her recipe before, for Christmas gifts, actually, and it turned out great.

Breadsticks
Breadstick Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes AdviceDecember 17, 2007
Cinnamon Sticks
Buying Cinnamon Sticks
Paint Stir Stick
Uses for Paint Stir Sticks
soft breadstick
Soft Breadstick Recipes
Raspberry Bar Cookies
Bar Cookie Recipes
🎉
🎄