Fabric Lunch Bags

Several years ago before I retired, I made some interesting lunch bags for my supervisor and some other fellow workers.

I took a brown lunch bag and cut it into pattern pieces, down the back and around the bottom. I cut my fabric pieces a slight bit larger to allow for seam allowance. I went to Hancock's remnant table and found some brown calico, deep chocolate brown with tiny orange flowers. I found some beige quilted fabric for a lining. I sewed strips for two handles and some Velcro at the top for closure. All this was topstitched in orange. There might be 6 of these on the earth now. I never did finish mine. Calico brown lunch bags; they were a big hit.

By Marty from Houston, TX

what a great thing to make that is great for the environment.

I have been using fabric lunch bags for years. Sew them like an envelope, use a button for the closure. Make them any size, even for containers and avoid spills. Get creative and add a tiny pocket for a napkin or sew a diagonal pocket across, to slip in the fork !

Fabric Lunch Bag
Making Fabric Lunch Bags
Crafts SewingDecember 10, 2007
Stack of Fabric Remnants
Crafts Using Fabric Remnants
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags, Coins in Zip-Lock Bag
Saving Money On Ziptop Bags
Gift bag made out of a sugar bag craft
Craft Uses for Sugar Bags