Turn Signals Not Working

My car's front turn signals work, but the rear ones do not. The fuses and bulbs are good. The flashers on the dash blink fast. What could be the problem?

By Drew from Augusta, GA

Answers

It could be the turn signal mechanism in your steering column. If you don't have a mechanic or friend that works on cars to talk to, or an acquaintance at your church, you can go into a Pep Boy, Advanced Auto, High Gear or some other parts store in your area and ask the counter man. Nine times out of ten they will know the problem or one of their co-workers will. At Pep Boys they would go out and ask a mechanic if none of the counter people had a clue. You can also go to a dealership for your vehicle and talk to their mechanics. They can usually give you an idea of what the problem is. I seem to recall I had a similar problem with a Chevy Van and it was the switch in the column but I am not exactly sure.

August 10, 2010 Flag

Auto Turn Signal Problem: The front and rear tail lights turn on. The back tail and break lights work properly for turning, emergency, and braking functions. The front turn signals do not blink for left or right turn signals. Also, for emergency signal they do not blink. I have changed the flasher and all fuses look good. Since the front turn signal lights turn on, there is proper connection in circuit.

Are there any other problems that I may not have considered?

Paul

Answers:

Turn Signals Not Working

It could be the bulbs are burnt out and have to replace them. I just replaced one of my front blinker lights. When one is burnt out the indicator flashing light on the dash board blinks very fast when I put it on for a turn. Taking out the bulb I can see the filament is broken. If the bulbs are OK then it may be a disconnect some where in the wiring. (06/25/2008)

By Harry

Turn Signals Not Working

Not sure it's the same as yours as none of my turn signals worked at one time.
My husband replaced spring wires inside the steering column.
The old ones were broken. Now it works great. (06/26/2008)

By carnation037

Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceAugust 10, 2010
Kenmore Fridge
Kenmore Freezer Not Working
Recycle Sweaters into Scarves
Recycling Sweaters into Scarves
Working with Dark Colored Yarns
Working with Dark Colored Yarns
Ford Ranger
Ford Ranger Heater Not Working
🎄