Wildlife: Great Blue Heron at Beaver Marsh (Akron, OH)

I took this photo of a great blue heron, while he was fishing at Beaver Marsh last week. Beaver Marsh was an auto salvage/junk yard a few decades ago until some busy beavers built a dam, and flooded the area. Since then all kinds of wildlife have come back to the region, which is now part of the Cuyahoga Valley National Park near Akron, OH.

By Joyce

My husband and I love to go to NatureRealm. Is Beaver Marsh near there?

Nothing more lovely than a great blue heron. Lovely photo and it gets my vote for sure.

Maryeileen, The Naturealm is another favorite place of mine! Beaver Marsh is on the Towpath north of the Ira Road trailhead but before you get to Hunt Farm. The Ira Road trailhead is on Riverview Road.

Joyce, I've got to post this to Facebook. I have a sister in Akron who might enjoy Beaver Marsh. Thanks, and thumbs up.

Wildlife: Blue Heron
Photos WildlifeJune 24, 2011
Squirrel eating a flower.
Protecting Bulbs from Wildlife
Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Growing Baby Blue Eyes (California Blue Bells)
Kentucky Frugal Travel Guide and Photos
Blue Jeans Quilt Ideas
Blue Jeans Quilt Ideas