KitchenCleaning

Use Pledge For Shiny Painted Countertops

I just completed painting my cream formica countertops to resemble granite. I followed many painting tips from your website and with a little push from my kids I took the plunge! They turned out awesome. The only thing I needed to figure out was how to keep that awesome looking shine on them?

After long searches I finally found it out, Spray Pledge. This product is awesome on these countertops. The shine is unbelievable along with the smooth feeling it provides. I accidentally sprayed it on my glass apothecary jars, and surprisingly when I wiped it off they shined so well and looked 2x better than your glass cleaner. Use Pledge on any surface. I even sprayed it on my leather furniture, looks wonderful.

By Kerry from Oak Harbor, OH

Wow! That's impressive! I've never heard of painting countertops -- it looks so good! Thanks for posting the pic!

Where is the link for how to paint laminate countertops to look like granite? Thanks.

Go to the top of the page and click on the tab "find". Then type in "Painting Laminate Countertops". You will then have to scroll down until you find the one titled that. There, you will find the most info.

Your counter looks awesome. Great job! Maybe adding a coat of polyurethane help seal the paint and keep the shine.

Your countertops is beautiful. Can you please tell me the colors you used and what make of paint? Thanks

I love yours but I'm having trouble with mine. I started 3 times and I still don't have it right. Can you tell what colors you use? I love your counter tops and it would look good on mine. I have black so far and silver leafing and I'm stuck.

email: roselace4756 AT yahoo.com

Thanks.