Wedding Locations in New York, NY

We are planning an April 2009 wedding but are having an extremely hard time finding a venue that will accommodate our needs/desires. We will be expecting anywhere from 100-120 guests and want to stay in the $60 or less range w/a sit down dinner, open bar, etc. We'd also like to have the ceremony performed at the same location as the reception.

Any of the 5 boroughs, Westchester, White Plains, L.I., etc. will do fine. I don't think that this is an unreasonable budget but we just can't seem to find anything that we like. We've even considered a Sunday wedding to save money. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated Bride from New York, NY

honestly i dont think you can find anything for 60.00 dollars unless you plan on having it at a park or in someones back could try to contact a community center by you and see if you can rent their space and how much it would be...i imagine it would cost more than 60.00..well good luck

The cheapest I have seen for what you want is $85.00 for a Sunday brunch upon the Odyssey Boat here in Boston. If you are willing to travel, SPAC - Saratoga State park is beautiful and has lots of museums that may be able to offer you some local caterars who offer discounts. Good luck, I think your best best for your price range will be like the Knights of Columbus or some civic hall. Good Luck

They have all different packages.

I also found this on google..

Now it has been years but I have been to a number of these halls for weddings (I moved to FL 15 yrs ago). Call and make appointments with them. Tell them you are looking for a deal. Let them know up front. I did my entire wedding, the DJ, the limo's Photographer/video/the gown the flowers all of it including a special Italian desert hour for under $6K. Yes it was 15 years ago, but even then in NY it was unheard of to do a wedding for so little and it was a beautiful wedding and the guest still talk about how much fun they all had.

Good luck!!

and a Happy Marriage to you both!

This may sound odd, but what about an art gallery?

The art gallery options sounds rather interesting! We have actually had some luck with a few different venues. One is Dante's in Queens NY. They're price per person is approx. $60. A few others have actually been anywhere from $60-$90 per person and all have included the cake as well as open bar.

Any gallery suggestions? Thanks for all of the suggestions

Weddings AdviceDecember 31, 2008
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
New York Christmas Charities
New York, New York
New York, NY Frugal Travel Guide
New York Cheesecake
New York Cheesecake Recipes