Use Elastic Hairband for Button Closure

When making coffee cozies, I needed something for a closure that would work with a big button I was using for the design. Since I didn't want to make a large button hole, I discovered the perfect thing for it was a thin elastic hair band. It is economical and I had plenty I wasn't using. The bands also work for small coin purses or other items needing something like a thin cord or elastic. I hand-stitched the elastic in place with just a few stitches using thread to match the band color. For under a dollar I can also replace my stash of those elastic hair bands for other uses. I'm sure this would also work on clothing items, such as sweaters, etc.

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Great idea. I too don't care to make button holes and avoid some of my ideas because of it, this opens up a whole lot of creative ideas. Thanks.

A sewing room garbage can by tying a bag to the table leg.
Sewing Tips And Tricks
Crafts MiscellaneousJuly 13, 2010
Cat playing With Elastic Cat Toy
Dangers of Elastic Cat Toys
sewing machine
Sewing Vinyl
Repairing the Elastic on Fitted Sheets
Elastic for Clothing
Saving Money on Elastic for Clothing