Beethoven (St. Bernard - Golden Retriever)

contest winner icon

Beethoven just turned one. He is a St.Bernard and Golden retriever mix that I got a year ago at the pound after my Akita died. I wanted some company since I am disabled.

He loves water and running after deer, but never to close. He loves people and other dogs and cats. He loves to chase balls or sticks. He loves to go out and run and go for walks. But on a day that I am too sick to go, he will stay by my side and just watch me and not worry about going out for his walk.

By William from Martinsville, VA

What a wonderful combination of breeds! He's beautiful and it sounds like the two of you make fantastic "music" together. May your relationship be long and strong! Enjoy your special friend! These our our two special recently adopted friends. Life wouldn't be the same without them!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

These are the types of stories that I derive the most pleasure from. When we were younger and able to care for them properly, we always had dogs. Now, we live in a community that doesn't permit dogs, but we still have our Sir Catty-Kit. Like your Beethoven, Kit will stay right beside either of us every minute we're down and sick.

God gave them something very special before He gave them to humans. Thank you for sharing Beethoven, and thanks to

ShellyE for sharing her two best buddies with us. Julia in Boca Raton, FL

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

What a wonderful friend that each of you has found!

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I love all of these rescue stories. Over 75 million animals are being put down every year in this country alone. Needless and cruel so what you have done is amazing and truly heartfelt. I applaud you, give your baby a big hug from me. Deby

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

Wow! What a unique blend! I have never seen anything like it. He has a look of wisdom in his eyes.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes