Travel: Stonehenge (England)

I have always been fascinated by stories about Stonehenge. How were the huge stones moved there thousands of years ago (before the wheel) and what was their purpose? Some theories are that it was a burial ground or a place to worship the sun and moon.

Even though I grew up in England, I never got to see Stonehenge, so when we visited family last year we made a point of seeing it. Unfortunately it was a very cold and windy day, so we didn't spend much time there, but I am happy to have been able to see it - finally.

By Joan

The ancient site of Stonehenge with a cloudy blue sky.

Nice shot :-) thanks for sharing with us.

I can sympathize. I was born in Indianapolis, IN, the home of the Indy 500 race - on race day, no less! Yet I've only been to a single race, for my 13th birthday. Like your visit to Stonehenge, it was a bit anticlimactic. Thanks for sharing your experience, though. Many of us live vicariously through our TF family's travel photos.

Travel and Recreation TravelJune 23, 2011
Sky Blue Retro Travel Trailer 3
Buying a Used Travel Trailer
Hong Kong, Victoria Harbour
Hong Kong Frugal Travel Guide
Family in Car Leaving in Winter
Saving Money on Holiday Travel
Business Travel Tips, Business Woman on Laptop in Airport
Business Travel Tips