TravelTravel and Recreation

Travel: Stonehenge (England)

I have always been fascinated by stories about Stonehenge. How were the huge stones moved there thousands of years ago (before the wheel) and what was their purpose? Some theories are that it was a burial ground or a place to worship the sun and moon.

Even though I grew up in England, I never got to see Stonehenge, so when we visited family last year we made a point of seeing it. Unfortunately it was a very cold and windy day, so we didn't spend much time there, but I am happy to have been able to see it - finally.

By Joan

Nice shot :-) thanks for sharing with us.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes

I can sympathize. I was born in Indianapolis, IN, the home of the Indy 500 race - on race day, no less! Yet I've only been to a single race, for my 13th birthday. Like your visit to Stonehenge, it was a bit anticlimactic. Thanks for sharing your experience, though. Many of us live vicariously through our TF family's travel photos.

ReplyLike this photo?Like? Yes