Use a Spatula For Leftover Oil

To avoid clogged sinks, I usually pour leftover grease and cooking oil into an old can. I had problems with clogged sinks, because I could never get all of the grease or oil out of the pan, no matter how hard I tried.

I decided to try a plastic spatula since it works so great on cake batter and frosting. This works great. It gets all of the oil out every time, and I haven't had a problem with clogging since.

By Elle from Houston, TX

If you don't have a spatula (rubber scraper) then pour out what you can and use a paper towel, or even some newspaper to wipe the skillet or pan out.

A rubber spatula is a $1,000,000 tool in the kitchen. You can use them to scrape the last little bit of anything out of bowls or pots. You'd be surprised how much you can get out of the bottom of a bowl or pot, not to mention how almost clean it leaves your container.

pan for oil frying
Disposing of Cooking Oil and Grease
Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 26, 2011
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Disposing of Used Motor Oil, Used Motor Oil in a Gallon Jug
Disposing of Used Motor Oil
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Up close photo of a dirty driveway.
Removing Oil Spills from Your Driveway