Acrylic Paint Stains on a Polyester Ball Gown

My painters had to come and redo all my trim after we moved in. The trim is white high gloss acrylic. I just got out my new red ballroom gown for a big event and found it has paint dots on an area approx. 4x6 right in the front! It's 100% Polyester that is iridescent red with bead and sequin work. Tag says "Do not wash, do not dry clean. Only professional spot clean". Not even sure where to take it. There is an area in the front of the dress (a 4x6 area) with about 10 small paint dots and one larger paint dot. All extremely noticeable on red. Any suggestions? My biggest concern is the colorfastness of the material. Help! This was an extremely expensive ball gown that still has the tags on it! Looking to wear it on 8/27/06. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TLS from Pasadena, CA

I would take a red permanent marker and color the white dots in...or see if it will peel off...let me know how it goes good luck gail2656 AT yahoo.com

This is a tough one. You could try goof off or another solvent on a Q-tip (check the ingredients on the bottle) and see if it takes out the paint. Because it is a very expensive gown, it might be best to take it to the best dry cleaner in town and ask them what they recommend. Anything with acetone should be avoided on a polyester material. Let us know how this turns out.

Susan from ThriftyFun

First thing is to contact the painting contractor owner and complain. Show him the spots, the price tag, and let him know that you are concerned. A good painter, always puts down drop clothes to protect everything and obviously, this was not done. As for the paint coming out, it might be better if you make the contractor buy you a new gown.