Scenery: Alabama Coast

I wanted to share what we USED to enjoy on beautiful days here on the coast of Alabama. Of course there are still little places where there is no tar, but they are fewer and farther between with each passing day.

I am not originally from here, but being a Washington Coast girl originally, I have always HAD to be near the salt water shores, with that scent, and the birds that go with it, and just the feel of the whole package. I miss my Washington coast/mountain combo, but now, being in the middle of this mess, is heart breaking.

No, we don't want drilling to stop, as some are. We don't want all our fuel to come from corn, or some such source, because we are aware that much more than auto fuel comes from the oil that we do have plenty of. Plastics, for one, synthetic fabrics, and much more, but anyway, off my bandwagon. We are having to find other sources of enjoyment this summer, and other sources of good eats, as we will NOT willingly eat imported seafood from other countries where the cleanliness is not assured.

A couple pictures follow, not the best, but it was a rush trip that day, knowing that the "end" was coming, for our beach on Dauphin Island, Alabama. The pelicans are dying, as are many fish, and other birds. We appreciate what ThriftyFun is doing to help during this time of stress. We have been here during hurricanes, but this seems so much more discouraging. The only thing on the beach is a tide line at this point, but that was a couple weeks ago.

By Loretta from Theodore, AL

Scenery: Alabama Coast

I'm sorry that this is happening. It's heartbreaking. I hope that good solutions are implemented, and that action is being taken. From what we see on the news, not nearly enough is being done (but that's just what's being reported). I'm sending good thoughts your way . . . I hope your beaches and ocean recover soon.

My heart breaks with you at the loss of such beauty. My uncle lives in East TX, less than 70 miles from the site of the explosion. I'm praying BP gets off their "do-nothing" and helps the locals who are working so hard to save their coastlines.

From what I've seen, manufacturing plants in my adopted home state of Ohio are sending absorbent "boom" to help in the effort, and some other entities are doing what they can. Fox News is doing everything they can to report accurately. A range of solutions was featured on last Saturday's Huckabee. Now if only they'd quit talking and put them to use!

This is so heartbreaking and such a tragedy.

Gulf Shores, AL
Alabama Travel Tips and Photos
Photos SceneryJune 16, 2010
Ft. Lauderdale Beach in Florida.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida - Frugal Travel Guide
Ibizan Hound
Ibizan Hound Breed Information and Photos
Little girl giving to Salvation Army.
Alabama Christmas Charities
🎉
🎄