Revamped Chandelier

I wanted a crystal chandelier for my dining room. I searched for something affordable. Not! So I decided to make my own.

I found an old rusty candle light fixture at a junk shop. Cleaned it up, and painted it with "gold" rust stopping paint. Then sprayed lightly with a flat black to make it look old! I ordered four 9 foot sections of clear plastic beads from a Christmas store. I decorated it with the beads and added candle shaped bulbs. It is beautiful and everyone remarks about it when they come to my house.

By Pam from Wendell, NC

This is very pretty, and you know with the beads you could change them out for different colors and looks, great idea.

Very ingenious! How much did the whole chandelier cost you to make from start to finish?

Where did you find the candle-shaped bulbs?

Neat!

Candle shaped bulbs are everywhere pretty much and I get them at the dollar tree just be careful the wattage you put in there!

I did this once with a old chandy I got for 5 dollars at a thrift. I am in to shabby/ cotttage so I apinted it out white added beads and crystal drops usually in a thrift store there are old lamps with a few crystals missing I look for these and buy for parts i also found med size candle bulbs and dipped them in a silicone wax and they have the real flame like effect there's so many things you can do yours looks great!

Revamping a  Chandelier
Revamping Chandeliers
Crafts Home DecorMarch 4, 2009
Pillows covered with scarves.
Craft Uses for Old Scarves
Votive Wrapped in Twine
Candle Craft Ideas
Photo of three red bricks.
Craft Ideas for Bricks
Cigars in a Box
Craft Ideas for Cigar Boxes
🎉
🎄