AC Keeps Tripping Breaker

I just got home from vacation. When I flipped the AC back on I noticed no cool air was circulating. I changed the battery to the control box and checked the condenser, it was not running. I found the breaker had tripped off.

After flipping the breaker back on within 3 minutes it trips off again and continues to do so each time. It's almost 90 in the house and I am melting. The AC is on it's own breaker and this has never happened before.

By Deb

I had to replaced a breaker that was labeled air conditoning just last month. Mine was worn out on one side of the wiring and only 120 entered the house instead of 220 volts and therefore my air came out hot. It cost me five dollars for a new breaker and soon as it was installed the air worked fine again. Don't know if that is your problem but you might want to check that out too. Breakers don't last forever they do need replacing when worn.

Mine used to trip every so often too, especially on really hot days when it would be running almost constantly. When it tripped it also cut the TV, my Roomba vacuum, and a fan I use to help circulate the a/c air (my a/c is a window unit). I tried moving the TV, Roomba, and the fan all to sockets that weren't effected with that breaker so that the a/c is the only thing on that breaker. So far it ahs seemed to help. It hasn't tripped since!

Air Conditioner Keeps Tripping Breaker
Home and Garden Repair Home ElectricalJuly 12, 2011
electrician working on breaker box
Installing a New Circuit Breaker
Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping
Circuit Breaker Keeps Tripping
breaker box
Pool Keeps Tripping Circuit Breaker
Electrician Working on Circuit Breakers
Troubleshooting Circuit Breaker Problems
🎉
🎄