Traditional Family Recipe Videos

My mom and aunts have many wonderful recipes for foods we enjoy at get togethers and Holiday's that were passed on to them from my grandmothers. The only problem is that my cousins and I have not really taken the time to learn to make these dishes.

So in order to continue tradition instead of just writing the recipe down I decided to go to my moms and Aunts homes and video tape them making their special dishes. Not only do we have a priceless momento of our family, we also have step by step cooking or baking instructions to carry on for future generations.

By Diane Rodriguez

Just one thing about the video tapes. Check them often and consider having them converted to DVD. Some of my old VHS tapes don't work on my VCR anymore. That would be a shame if you lost those memories such as we don't even know if my wedding tape can even be converted.

This is a wonderful idea. Wish I could've done this years ago.

Grandmother showing her granddaughters how to make muffins.
Making Videos of Family Recipes
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsDecember 24, 2004
Ingredient Substitutions
Common Ingredient Substitutions
Recipe Cards
Using Recipe Cards
Baby Videos
Funny Baby Videos
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows