Brush Hair Before Washing to Avoid Tangles

This is such a simple thing, but it works so well to reduce tangles when you shampoo. Brush your hair just as you would if getting ready to go out. Then, lean over, and flip your hair over your face and brush really well all the way from the scalp to the ends of the hair.

It will do two things to make your hair better in every way. Number One - it removes all the loose hair which causes 90% of the tangles and snarls, broken hair and split ends. Number Two - it stimulates the flow of natural oil in the scalp and if you're brushing right, it'll take the oil all the way to the ends of every hair where it's already dry and perhaps in need of extra care. P>There really was something to that old habit of brushing your hair 100 strokes every night prior to going to bed too. You'll even sleep better.

Source: My Mother who always made me do this before a shampoo and at bedtime.

By Pookarina

There's one more benefit Pookarina Julia and that is all that extra hair doesn't clog up the shower drain catcher or drain. Thumbs up. :-)

Oops, hit the wrong button! Meant to hit to receive responses instead of comment again! Call it senility. ;-) LOL!

So, true Deeli. I've been brushing my hair before a shampoo for so long for the reasons I stated that I never really think about its having other benefits as well. My husband mentioned one other benefit after I'd submitted the tip, and that was stimulation of the scalp itself. Bringing blood to the surface so that it feeds the hair folicle, and causes the hair to grow long and luxurious. It won't grow hair where hair isn't growing, but it'll sure help that which is growing. :-), and might even help prevent baldness in women. I don't know that for sure, but I'm not taking any chances.

Many thanks for the additional tip.

PookaRina, this is very similar to what I do. (I don't bend over and brush as you do, I'd fall over, lol!) I just never thought about posting. Great tip!

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips Hair CareMay 25, 2010
Wooden hairbrush on a black background.
Cleaning Hairbrushes
Cleaning Hair from a Brush
Removing Hair from Brushes
Toilet Brush Head
Toilet Brush Head Stuck in Toilet
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes