1980's Weight Watchers Plans

Category Dieting
1980's Weight Watchers Plans
Finding the older diet recipes that have worked for you is sometimes a challenge. This guide is about 1980's Weight Watcher plans.

A number of posters are asking for information on the old Weight Watchers Exchange Program from the 80s. eBay has listings for the Weight Watchers Quick Start PLUS Program Cookbook. Same as mine from 1986, it lists all the information from the Exchange Program.

Finding Old Weight Watchers Programs

CommentPin It! Was this helpful? 1

Where can I get the '80s version of Weight Watchers.

By Suesan from USA

Best Answer

I see requests for different plans all the time, especially from the 80s. One thing to keep in mind is that a plan that had great success 20 years ago might not work as well for you today. Older bodies retain weight more than people in their 20s or 30s and your metabolism naturally decreases, especially if you are less active.

I have used the newer Weight Watchers plans (from 2007 - 2012) to great success. I know that they change the plans slightly every couple of years to fit new guidelines or take into account new scientific findings about nutrition and weight loss. I would try the newest plan and see if you can tailor it to your lifestyle. I found the leaders always very willing to discuss options and substitutions.

Good luck with whatever plan you choose to follow.

I had great success on the old Weight Watchers plan in 1989, if someone can help me with the food list, the exchanges, and what ever else I would need to get started I would appreciate your help more then you would know? To be honest I'm very scared at this point with the unknown.

I became immobile due to my right knee needing to be replaced. I weighed 329 pounds on July 29, 2007 that saved my life. I'm now at 183, however, I had lost down to 155 pounds. I've had a steady weight gain since about October causing me great concern. I've also had a total left hip replacement with a DePuy device which has been recalled, I have high levels of cobalt and chromium in my system. The specialist I've been seeing doesn't seem to know what to do. He just keeps sending me for test upon test, I guess trying to figure out what to do.

I know in the mean time I have felt sick since late June 2010, I'm not sure if it's the stress causing me to gain weight or the fact that I'm becoming immobile again due to the amount of pain I'm in and feeling sick all the time.

I had my right knee replaced, also with a DePuy device, I've continued to be in great pain with this device, and fluid that ponds just below my knee, with pain that shoots down into my shin bone. I keep being told that the x-rays show I'm fine however I know I'm not fine it hurts all the time. I doing my best to live with all of this pain and suffering I'm in.

I feel if I can find the Weight Watchers plan that helped me lose 50 pounds after the birth of my son in 1985 I could lose these extra pounds and keep them off.

Thank you for your time.

By Curious Lady 1961

I would very gratefully like a copy of the old plan, it worked great for me.

I am searching for the Weight Watchers weekly journals from the late 80s and 90s. I believe there were six weeks worth and then there was a large maintenance sheet where you filled in your daily progress, food categories, water, exercise, etc. This was the best program! I used it to return to my pre-pregnancy weight, five times. Now I'm approaching menopause and have had serious health issues and gained 60 pounds in one year. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

By Ronda from MD

Answer Was this helpful? 1

Did you ever find the materials for this version? I remember keeping a weekly log that included exercise. If you found one I would greatly appreciate a copy if you would forward one to me!!

I, too, am looking for the menus and exchange lists from the Weight Watchers Quick Start Program from 1984. I would appreciate anything at all anyone can e-mail me. I remember going to meetings with my mom back in the 80s and this program was simple, easy, and it worked!
I am now experiencing chronic back pain from back problems and I know losing weight could reduce my pain. Thank you so much and God Bless!

By Amy C.

Hi Need copy of 1984 Weight watchers program

Please sent to me

Thank you Dot

I am looking for any and all components to the Weight Watchers Selection Plan from the 80s and early 90s. I would be more than happy to pay for them. Thanks.

By Cj

I am looking for the Weight Watchers weekly meal plan from the 1980's..It was a really good plan and it really worked for me. Thank you .

Does anybody have the recipe for pumpkin bread from the 80s? I remember it had a can of pumpkin and Quaker oats.

By Susan F. from Fayetteville, NC

did you get the pumpkin bread recipe? was it the one where you use 2 pieces of bread? If so could I haveit??

I am looking for a copy of the Weight Watchers diet plan from 1976-1980 that era. I was on it and lost 80 lbs. and would like to do it again.

By M.L.

Did you ever find this plan? I did on EBay

Does anyone have a copy of the Weight Watchers Plan from 1985?

By Irmy from Houston, TX

I believe it was called Quick Start.

Can anyone out there help me find a copy of the old 1980s Weight Watchers Exchange plan? I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day, etc. In other words just about everything concerning this plan. Thank you very much.

By victoriapenny

I have a copy of the Weight Watchers Quick Start Plus Cookbook from 1986. The daily exchanges for a women are as follows:

Week l

3 fruits, at least 2 veggies, 2 milk, 2 bread, 3 fat, and 6 proteins.

Week 2

add 1 protein

Weeks 3 and 4

add 1 bread and 2 proteins

You should always eat breakfast. Don;'t eat more than 4 eggs in a week.

Eat a minimum of 3 fish meals. eat 3 to 4 oz. liver in Weeks 12 and 3. Week 4, eat 4 t0 6 oz. liver. I hope this helps. This book is full of info.

Weight Watchers Quick Start program in the 80s came with pamphlets. Does anyone have the yellow week one pamphlet that had a skinned down version of the whole plan? It had a lot of yogurt in it. It was just the 1st week with 3 or 4 choices for each meal with recipes. For example, breakfast had: 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and jelly, one lunch was an English muffin with tomato and cheese. I would really luv a copy it worked so well and I lost it.

By chimpychoo from Chester county, PA

Hi I'm liking for it also. Is your the yellow week on with lots of yogurt. If you have gotten it I would love a copy lost mine too. Lisasterritt AT Gmail.com

There was a recipe for liver. You blended the liver, added veggies to it and cooked it in the skillet. I hate liver and you could not tell it was liver by the time you got done. It was very good. Does anyone have it?

By Brenda H