1980's Weight Watchers Plans

Finding the older diet recipes that have worked for you is sometimes a challenge. This guide is about 1980's Weight Watcher plans.

February 3, 2014 Flag

Finding Old Weight Watchers Programs

CommentPin It!Was this helpful?Helpful? Yes

A number of posters are asking for information on the old Weight Watchers Exchange Program from the 80s. eBay has listings for the Weight Watchers Quick Start PLUS Program Cookbook. Same as mine from 1986, it lists all the information from the Exchange Program.

May 11, 2012 Flag

Where can I get the '80s version of Weight Watchers.

By Suesan from USA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Best Answer

I see requests for different plans all the time, especially from the 80s. One thing to keep in mind is that a plan that had great success 20 years ago might not work as well for you today. Older bodies retain weight more than people in their 20s or 30s and your metabolism naturally decreases, especially if you are less active.

I have used the newer Weight Watchers plans (from 2007 - 2012) to great success. I know that they change the plans slightly every couple of years to fit new guidelines or take into account new scientific findings about nutrition and weight loss. I would try the newest plan and see if you can tailor it to your lifestyle. I found the leaders always very willing to discuss options and substitutions.

Good luck with whatever plan you choose to follow.

I lost 50lbs in my 30"s and kept it for many years. I tried the point system it didn't work for me. I am in my 60's my Dr said I need to loose weight.

1980's weight watchers plan

May 11, 2011 Flag

I had great success on the old Weight Watchers plan in 1989, if someone can help me with the food list, the exchanges, and what ever else I would need to get started I would appreciate your help more then you would know? To be honest I'm very scared at this point with the unknown.

I became immobile due to my right knee needing to be replaced. I weighed 329 pounds on July 29, 2007 that saved my life. I'm now at 183, however, I had lost down to 155 pounds. I've had a steady weight gain since about October causing me great concern. I've also had a total left hip replacement with a DePuy device which has been recalled, I have high levels of cobalt and chromium in my system. The specialist I've been seeing doesn't seem to know what to do. He just keeps sending me for test upon test, I guess trying to figure out what to do.

I know in the mean time I have felt sick since late June 2010, I'm not sure if it's the stress causing me to gain weight or the fact that I'm becoming immobile again due to the amount of pain I'm in and feeling sick all the time.

I had my right knee replaced, also with a DePuy device, I've continued to be in great pain with this device, and fluid that ponds just below my knee, with pain that shoots down into my shin bone. I keep being told that the x-rays show I'm fine however I know I'm not fine it hurts all the time. I doing my best to live with all of this pain and suffering I'm in.

I feel if I can find the Weight Watchers plan that helped me lose 50 pounds after the birth of my son in 1985 I could lose these extra pounds and keep them off.

Thank you for your time.

By Curious Lady 1961

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Yes I am interested in the weight watchers1-2-3 level for men from the1980's

I am interested in the level1-2-3plan for males. Please send to lperry06354@yahoo.com

I have it. Just started on it last week. I've already lost 4 pounds. Send email to me. bpowell5512 AT yahoo.com

January 3, 2015 Flag

Does anybody have the recipe for pumpkin bread from the 80s? I remember it had a can of pumpkin and Quaker oats.

By Susan F. from Fayetteville, NC

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Easy search online:

https://www.wei  cipeid=%20143381

Yes I would like the pumpkin bread recipe please

did you get the pumpkin bread recipe? was it the one where you use 2 pieces of bread? If so could I haveit??

March 6, 2011 Flag

I am searching for the Weight Watchers weekly journals from the late 80s and 90s. I believe there were six weeks worth and then there was a large maintenance sheet where you filled in your daily progress, food categories, water, exercise, etc. This was the best program! I used it to return to my pre-pregnancy weight, five times. Now I'm approaching menopause and have had serious health issues and gained 60 pounds in one year. If anyone has any information I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much.

By Ronda from MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Can someone email me a copy of the weight watchers quick control plan from 1984

Rhonda, were you ever able to get a copy of the quick control diet. I too am in desperate need for myself and my 18 year old son. If you have it can you please send me a copy.

Would you still happen to have this booklet?

May 13, 2012 Flag

I, too, am looking for the menus and exchange lists from the Weight Watchers Quick Start Program from 1984. I would appreciate anything at all anyone can e-mail me. I remember going to meetings with my mom back in the 80s and this program was simple, easy, and it worked!

I am now experiencing chronic back pain from back problems and I know losing weight could reduce my pain. Thank you so much and God Bless!

By Amy C.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I just found what you are looking for: Go to Amazon and order the Quick Start cookbook. All the food lists are there.

I was in WW in the early-mid 80s, did well, and became a WW leader. I'm curious about a couple of things. I dot remember a specific amount of protein. I thought it was by servings. I,also, thought that Wiggins were by servings and not a specific amount.

I've done the point system, and I feel, as the previousperson who made the comment that it is easier to say no than put limits on it. So, I'm going back to the old program and attend the meetings. I'll see if that works better for me.

And butter is one teaspoon, not 1 tablespoon for one serving. That is one thing I remember.

January 29, 2014 Flag

I am looking for a copy of the Weight Watchers diet plan from 1976-1980 that era. I was on it and lost 80 lbs. and would like to do it again.

By M.L.

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

You know, I havent beem on this site for years but last time I was they were asking for that same plan. Back then when I was on it, it was called Quick Start. WW changes the name and the program every year but that one in particular worked for me and was so easy. I didnt have to have the fancy dancy calculator or anything. I wish I hadnt given all my program related things away but I did.. so long ago. Maby one day somone will have it and post it... I hope.

Did you ever find this plan? I did on EBay

January 25, 2011 Flag

I am looking for any and all components to the Weight Watchers Selection Plan from the 80s and early 90s. I would be more than happy to pay for them. Thanks.

By Cj

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of the food tracker for the Weight Watchers Selection Plan?

Thanks

I have 3 WW books: Dining out companion, 3 month journal, complete food companion, meals 101 and a points clicker all in a blue bag but dated 2006. If interested, please contact me.

Gem

I have at least 1, maybe more, WWCookbook I could send.

June 20, 2011 Flag

Does anyone have a copy of the Weight Watchers Plan from 1985?

By Irmy from Houston, TX

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I would like to have this also.

I believe it was called Quick Start.

May 15, 2011 Flag

Can anyone out there help me find a copy of the old 1980s Weight Watchers Exchange plan? I need information on food exchanges, amount of a serving, the breakdown of allowed exchanges per day, etc. In other words just about everything concerning this plan. Thank you very much.

By victoriapenny

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have a copy of the Weight Watchers Quick Start Plus Cookbook from 1986. The daily exchanges for a women are as follows:

Week l

3 fruits, at least 2 veggies, 2 milk, 2 bread, 3 fat, and 6 proteins.

Week 2

add 1 protein

Weeks 3 and 4

add 1 bread and 2 proteins

You should always eat breakfast. Don;'t eat more than 4 eggs in a week.

Eat a minimum of 3 fish meals. eat 3 to 4 oz. liver in Weeks 12 and 3. Week 4, eat 4 t0 6 oz. liver. I hope this helps. This book is full of info.

January 31, 2011 Flag

Weight Watchers Quick Start program in the 80s came with pamphlets. Does anyone have the yellow week one pamphlet that had a skinned down version of the whole plan? It had a lot of yogurt in it. It was just the 1st week with 3 or 4 choices for each meal with recipes. For example, breakfast had: 1/2 bagel with cream cheese and jelly, one lunch was an English muffin with tomato and cheese. I would really luv a copy it worked so well and I lost it.

By chimpychoo from Chester county, PA

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi I'm liking for it also. Is your the yellow week on with lots of yogurt. If you have gotten it I would love a copy lost mine too. Lisasterritt AT Gmail.com

September 9, 2014 Flag

There was a recipe for liver. You blended the liver, added veggies to it and cooked it in the skillet. I hate liver and you could not tell it was liver by the time you got done. It was very good. Does anyone have it?

By Brenda H

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Food Tips DietingApril 16, 2013
Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Pumpkin and Carrot Muffins
Weight Watchers Help Scale
Calculating Weight Watchers Point Totals
Yogurt Bread Dough
Weight Watchers Yogurt Bread Dough
Weighing in on Scale
Using Weight Watchers
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 20, 2017 at 5:42:52 PM on 10.0.0.76 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.