Mini Chopper Reviews

I had a food chopper that worked well. I liked it so much that I purchased another, which isn't holding up. Although I tested it at the time of delivery (and it functioned nicely at that time), upon removing it from the cabinet years later, it isn't doing too well. Makes odd grinding noises.

I checked eopinion (www.eopinions.com) for Cuisinart's Duet which is a blender and food processor and read that the blender part is ok, but the processor freezes up, doesn't crush ice and cracks, no replacements available.

Oster has a blender and mini-jar combo, the 6814, but the bottom collar is impossible to remove to fit the mini-jar.

So is there a mini chopper someone would like to recommend? Preferably one that handles 2 to 3 cups-ish.

The Bravetti Quad blade was a 6 c. blender and processor and worked well for about 3 years. Purchased at HSN. I'd like to replace it, but parts are no longer available. I probably had one of the few that worked well, based on internet reviews. Too bad. Wish they'd continue making it (and make it well).

Holly from Richardson, TX

Here is one that I use all the time!!!

We got it as a wedding gift 6 years ago and it keeps on chopping!!! I really do use it alot!! Love this size and use it more than my bigger one!!!

Black and Decker Handy Chopper Plus

Soon, it will be time to buy a new one or replace the cup---it is cracked but still works fine and dandy!! I would get the same one if it does need to be replaced.

Good luck on your quest!!!

It just so happens I bought a new electric mini chopper today at Wal-Mart. It's a Proctor Silex brand and holds 3 cups. It was $14.97. I already have a smaller Black & Decker mini chopper but it only holds about half as much as this new one. I haven't even opened the box yet so can't really recommend it at this point. If it doesn't work well or I just plain don't like it, I can return it to Wal-Mart. I just thought the price was right and I think I'll like being able to chop more at a time, especially when it comes to onions!

I probably don't need two choppers but I am gonna keep a hold of my old one "just in case" and by the way, it's been really good.

If you don't care if it is electric or not, you might look into the chopper that Pampered Chef has. I have a friend who has had one for years and loves it, she just ordered another one b/cause I guess she wore it out. I have not actually used it myself though.

I have had a Cuisinart Mini-Prep for about 10 years. I use it often and LOVE it! If (or when) it wears out I hope to buy another just like it. In fact I've seen some on e-bay.............maybe I should just buy an extra one now....just in case! My daughter has one too. She used hers to make homemade baby food too, in addition to all the other handy things they're good for.

I thought I'd come back and critique the mini chopper I bought. I'm Debbie52 and I posted some time back. Well so far so good on the Protor Silex chopper. I love that it holds 3 cups. Also, it has two speeds. So far I've only used for onions but it does a fabulous quick job of it. The onions get chopped very fine.

Here's the info from the box in case someone wants to get one at Wal-Mart. Proctor-Silex Deluxe Chopper, large 3 cup capacity, powerful 135 watt motor, 2 pulse speeds, dishwasher safe bowl, lid and blade....Model #72440.

It was $15 and I think worth every penny!

Consumer Advice Product Reviews KitchenAugust 2, 2006
Bottle Propagator
Mini Greenhouses Using Recycled Materials
Closed Mini Blinds
Reusing Mini Blinds
Square version of tree top.
Making Recycled Paper Mini Trees
Cleaning mini blinds square
Cleaning Mini Blinds
🎄