Browse   Newsletters   Contests   Ask   Share   Account   About

Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Does Nabisco still make Lemon Coolers cookies? (The ones covered in powdered sugar that had a light lemon taste.) My mom tried to find them after my dad requested them, but none of our stores have them anymore! Does anyone know a recipe for something similar? Thanks!

Courtney from NH

By

By bowfil02/09/2013

Sunshine Lemon Coolers ceased to exist when Keebler acquired Sunshine Bakery, as most of us know.
I think that all Keebler products should be dropped from our shopping list. It's time to put a stop to corporate greed
controlling what we want or need. A boycott, blackmail if will, until they return Lemon Coolers and Hydrox.
Revolt, it has to start somewhere, the time is now. We are all the consumers after all!

By Denita M01/25/2011

Im looking for the Lemon Coolers why would they stop making those!

By Amy12/23/2010

I just bought some very similar cookies today at Wal-Mart. They're called Lemon Cookies and are from Niche Foods. I too was looking for Lemon Coolers about a month ago and was so surprised to find these (made a little scene when I excitedly grabbed the only box). They're smaller but taste just about the same. A favorite from childhood. :)

By tisha11/13/2010

I finally found them. If you have a dollar general store in your area, they just started stocking them, the originals, too.

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the feedback that was provided then.

Archive: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Courtney from NH

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Lemon Cooler Cookies
Recipe #474743 ratings

This is one of my favorite cookies. Sometimes I add some of the lemonade powder to the cookie dough and add more to the powdered sugar to make them very lemony. by Theresa/ Thunderbird | Edit...My Notes

50 cookies 33 min 15 min prep Change to: cookies US Metric

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 1 large egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • lemon powdered sugar
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Kool aid unsweetened lemonade mix

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, cream together: sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 Tbsp of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until light brown.

While cookies bake combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade powder in a large Ziploc bag and shake to mix. Remove cookies from the oven and put them in the Ziploc bag while they are still hot, shake until all cookies are coated. I haven't had these yet, but when I want a recipe I just Google it and this one looked really good. (08/31/2007)

By juliainrichmond

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Vermont Country Store sometimes finds old recipes for things we had as kids. They have a web site and an 800 number. (08/31/2007)

By MartyD

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

bigoven.com This is a good site for similar taste, but nothing beats the original for sure. I miss them. (07/10/2008)

By CAROLINA

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

They were made by Sunshine which was bought by Keebler. Keebler then decided to discontinue them. Darn those elves! (08/25/2008)

By Cary

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

I found something that's almost a dead ringer for lemon coolers. They're called Lemon Cookie Straws, made by Archer Farms. They can only be found at Target. But just thought I'd throw that out there. (08/31/2008)

By Adrienne

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Archway now makes a really close resemblance, called Iced Lemonade. They have a that really great flavor, only in a much more "crispy" cookie, rather than the familiar vanilla wafer style. (08/31/2008)

By David S

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Try these: themississippigiftcompany.com (09/13/2008)

By guest

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

My husband and I found Key Lime Coolers on the internet available from the Byrd Cookie Company, Inc. in Savannah, Georgia and they are delicious. We ate 6 ounces in nothing flat and another, bigger order is on the way as I type this! byrdcookiecompany.com (09/26/2008)

By Shirley

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Best recipe I have found yet: Sunshine Lemon Coolers

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups cake flour
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup shortening
  • 1 tablespoon water
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened lemonade mix
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions for Sunshine Lemon Coolers

1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Cream together sugars, shortening, egg, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl.
  3. Add the flour and baking powder. Add 1 tablespoon of water and continue mixing until dough forms a ball.
  4. Roll dough into 3/4-inch balls and flatten slightly onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until cookies are light brown.
  5. As cookies bake, combine 1 cup powdered sugar with the lemonade drink mix in a large plastic bag and shake thoroughly to mix.
  6. When the cookies are removed from the oven and while they are hot, add 4 or 5 at a time to the bag and shake it until the cookies are well coated. Repeat with the remaining cookies.
(12/06/2008)

By Shelley

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Loved those Sunshine lemon coolers. I found a cookie that is almost as good.

Maddy's Sweet Shop
Lil' MADDIES Lemon
888-263-1299

lilmaddies.com (02/11/2009)

By Barbara

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

OK guys! I found a cookie which immediately made me feel like i was eating our old favorite, the Lemon Cooler. They are called Lemon Tea Cookies and are available at Costco. They are made by Sweet Williams. They are in a dark sage green bag. Man O man! Delicious. Go get them. You have to pick up two bags. One for in the car for the ride home and one for when you recover from sheer bliss! Post your take on them. (12/20/2009)

By KamillyJ

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

Love the Lemon Coolers - reminds me of childhood and eating way too many.

I have tried the Sweet William lemon cookies and they are really divine! They're more crumbly and tea cookie like than the LCs. No crunchy lemon bits, but I still couldn't help myself and had to have my folks hide them so I wouldn't eat their entire bag (and I'm not a food addict).

They bought theirs over the holidays at a SoCal Costco store, but my mom thinks they were a Christmas item. I concur since I haven't seen them in mine in NoCal. Supposedly Whole Foods might be carrying them depending on your area. Enjoy! I'm off to Google them and see what happens. (02/27/2010)

By Catem

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

I have found that the Niche Foods brand Lemon Cooler cookies are a very close second to the ones we know and love! I found them at Dollar General for two dollars a box! The only real difference that I can tell is that they don't have the same coolness factor as the Sunshine ones. But I'm satisfied to have finally found something that is close! (08/23/2010)

By hollievaden

RE: Nabisco Lemon Cooler Cookies

I do love those Lemon Coolers. Found the Archway Iced Lemonade cookies just today and I am eating them right now as I type. Very good stand-in for the LC's. However, those little bits of tart lemon were just heaven and I miss the true Lemon Coolers and the frosted white fingertips after eating them! :o) (08/31/2010)

By irishheart