Home Remedy for Dog Mange

How do I cure dog mange?

By Tracy from Murray, KY

I have used Nustock and it works! I have used it on my horse and soon my dog, My horse fell and slid on concrete and skinned up her hip very bad, The area was about as big as a dollar bill, I used a purple spray at first, but then bought some Nustock, and It cleared it up and I had complete hair growth back!

I tried it on some old scars and hair started to grow there also. I recommend it! I just rescued a dog that has mange and I plan on using Nustock because it works! Thank you to everyone else recommending it, They all know how well it works!

If you have tried happy Jack from the feed store and that didn't work then ask the vet for a bottle of Paramite dip. it isn't real expensive and depending on whether it is premixed or not how much u use at a time. I get the one not premixed,and it takes 1 teaspoon to a gallon of warm water....drench pet let air dry. Smells for about an hour but worth it. If it is a mite and not mange it will go away. This will also kill maggots in an open wound fast.

If it doesn't clear up quickly, be sure to see you Vet. If allowed to go on, mange can become incurable.

Dog mange isn't something that can be cured/controlled with home remedies. Only the vet can give you the kind of treatment/medicine your dog needs.

Dog mange is highly contagious ( to other dogs ) and only professional veterinary treatment can relieve the problem that your dog is entitled to and you as owner are expected to give. Good luck.

Some vets also use allergies as a excuse to keep patients. Animals can get a genetic mange which a puppy won't normally show symptoms until around 8wks old...the pups get this from there mother who is cured of her mange but she passes it to her pups! Most vets eventually will tell a patient's loved one that there is nothing else they can do, and chats after you have spent thousands and thousands of dollars. It will tell you that you baby has anxiety!! I speak from expierwncw, and my two babies have regular check ups, and all though I believe a vet will be needed in some cases, I also believe that sometimes the simplest answer can always be the best one for your loved one!!!

It is not accurate to say that the only cure of mange is found at the vet. I do love my wonderful vet but love my dog even more. The medications vets use contain pesticides which are toxic to your pet.

When my dog got mange, I searched the net and tried various home remedies without much success. Finally a friend recommended the FloraPet Naturals mange treatment, which is natural and non-toxic. It stopped the growth of the patches of affected area right away and within a week I could see new hair growth from the bare spots.

My dog is cured now and I am so relieved! If you want to see your pet recover soon, give this product a try. Their site is www.florapetnaturals.com.

@farstar, demodectic mange, also known as red mange, is not contagious to other dogs. You are thinking of sarcoptic mange, which is, to both animals and humans. If the dog owner hasn't gotten mange from the dog, odds are it is demodectic.

@lizzyanny, demodectic mange is not curable at all, only controllable, no matter how early you catch it. The weekly shot a vet would give the dog would only help to reduce the amount of mange mites there are in the hair follicle, not kill them off completely.

You can cure dog mange with sulfur which you can get from the drug store for about 6 bucks. Mix it with lard and rub it on the dog!

how much powder to how much lard?