Getting Replacement DTV Converter Coupons

Does anyone know the secret to receiving my 2 DTV Coupons for the upcoming digital changeover this February 2009? I initially received my 2 coupons; but they expired before I could purchase the converters (late September 2008), so the company de-activated them. I have emailed the company twice since then for replacements but I am getting nowhere. They tell me "the coupons are NOT replaceable". Time is running out. Any suggestions?

Earthly Angel Mom from Brandenburg, KY

Same thing happened to us. We ordered 2 more using our son's name and address. Find someone that will let you have them mailed to their address for you.

Don't forget: If you have regular cable in most areas, you DON'T NEED those converter boxes.

Yeah mine expired too(for my upstairs tv with attic antenna). I saw a show on CNN about this! The funding for this RAN OUT! It's a huge problem because only half of the coupons promised were sent out before they were empty on funds. They set aside some amount between 1-2 million for the cards and it wasn't enough. And get this: they(the gov't) made over a billion dollars profit from pushing that everyone switch to digital(I dont know who paid them), so they should have more money/cards to dole out. The people who are going to get punished here are the ones who can't afford cable/sat. or simply do not wish to have a bill for tv service every month!

You may be able to find an article on the CNN website.

Best wishes! I hope they fix this!

I just read today that Senator Rockefeller who I guess heads the committee which would deal with this project, has suggested that the date of transfer to digital be postponed until June, because the coupon fund is empty.

It has run out of money. I am guessing June would be a new refunding of fund date.

If you are planning onusing a vcr recorder with these converter boxes, be advised that they don't work that way. All they permit you to do is to watch tv. You'd actually be better off deciding to purchase a digital tv and a digital vcr/dvd recorder. Find out all you can, then shop for the best bargain. I have heard that digital tv prices are going to drop sharply more than once in the newspaper. I haven't seen a sharp price drop yet, but tv price reductions continue to be advertised.

Here's a recent link about the gov coupons info:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28527288/

This switchover is Worldwide and being done to free up air space/bandwidth for our very rapidly expanding Energizer Bunny techno growth. Not all countries are offering coupons for help with the switch over. The coupons are being paid for by we tax payers so anyone receiving this help (like I was) should be appreciative.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_switchover

I agree, use a friends name and address, that its all you need to do.

I received 2 coupons but they ended up expiring. I could not find the receivers anywhere! Every time I went 2 walmart or radioshack they were out & neither store could tell me when they were ever scheduled for restock. I made many trips & never got a hold of one. I have heard many people have had this problem. I live in a rural area & walmart is like 30miles away I don't know if that had something to do with a high demand or not.

The same thing happened to me. I sent for them as soon as they were advertised & when I went to use them I realized that they had an expiration date on them which had expired. Why would they put an expiration date on them? Such a dumb thing to do. Any how I attempted to get 2 more but because the government is running the coupon give away I was refused saying I had already received 2. So I knew someone that had tvs that didn't need the conversion so she let me use the 2 she ordered for me. That's what friends are for. Good luck.

Consumer Advice General AdviceJanuary 16, 2009
Digital Converter Box
Using a Digital Converter Box
computer printer
Finding Printable Coupons
An electrical cord plugged into an outlet.
Finding Replacement Cords for Electronics
Online Coupon Computer
Using Online Coupons
🎄
🍂