Beer Stain on Silk

I spilled beer all over my new silk dress. I took it to the dry cleaners immediately and pointed out the stain, but they dry cleaned it without removing the stain. Do you have any ideas on how to remove this beer stain even though it is already set in?

Allison

Answers

The alcohol (sugar) in the drink may be what stained it. Someone spilled white wine on the back of my wedding dress and the cleaners couldn't fix it. I took it to another place and they hand washed it in water to get all that sugar out and now it looks great. I think most things can be hand washed and that is the only way to really get out that sugar which will turn it brown over time.

Overflowing Beer Spill
Removing Beer Stains
Home and Garden Cleaning Clothing StainsJuly 23, 2007
Golden silk fabric
Cleaning Silk
Uses for Beer
Uses for Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Making Ginger Beer
Glass of stout with hops scattered in foreground and keg in backgroung.
Storing Beer
🎉
🎄