Craft: Recycled Tube Fall Faux Planter

I had some carpet tubing and tubes from crochet thread. With some hot glue, fabric strips, and silk flowers, I made a unique planter - of sorts!

I wrapped plaid fabric around horizontally and glued it about every 6 inches. Then, I chose four of the five colors in the plaid, and wrapped the tubes vertically. If I ever make this again, I will do them horizontally as well, as it uses half the fabric and time.

Once the tubes are all covered, I hot glued them off-center of each other for a staggered look. Then, I simply put some fall foliage and faux plants in for a nice planter for the porch. You can use fabric that matches a room inside the home and use any kind of flowers or plants you want.

This craft needs to be protected from the elements, so you'll need to find a safe place to display it. Perhaps a corner by the door, or on a shelf?

I had a lot of fun with this and hope it inspires you to make something similar.

By the way, the cords behind the planter are strung from the porch to the shed and have nothing to do with the planter. I just didn't have anywhere else to shoot it.

By Sandi

To cool!

Very smart like this.

The finished Fall leaf card.
Autumn Craft Ideas
Crafts Home Decor DecorationsAugust 24, 2010
White fake cake of boxes and bows
Faux Wedding Cake Ideas
Geraniums in old wheelbarrow planter.
Making a Wheelbarrow Planter
Putting Cream Back Into a Tube
Putting Cream Back Into a Tube
Recycled wooden chair planter.
Making a Chair Planter