Very Easy Sweet and Sour Rhubarb Cream Pie

• pie crust
  • rhubarb to fill the pie shell (sliced)
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar or 1 cup of honey
  • 3/4 tsp. cinnamon (optional)
  • Ad
  • 8 oz. container of sour cream (1 cup)
  • 1/3 cup white flour

Put sliced rhubarb into the pie crust. In bowl, mix together sugar, sour cream, flour and cinnamon and pour these over rhubarb. Bake in an 350 degree F oven for 50 to 65 minutes (usually about an hour) or until sour cream is slightly browned in patches. Wait until this pie cools to get the real sweet and sour yummy taste. If you eat it while it's still hot, not only will the filling not be "set up" but it will taste very sour. But after it cools, it tastes just right! I like sour things so I reduce the sugar to 1 cup.

Note: You should double the recipe and make 2 of these yummy pies, because way back in 1980 when I first tasted this pie (the first time I met my then boyfriends parents) I thought I disliked all pie. But after I tried one slice of this, I couldn't stop myself and kept coming back for more of his mom's wonderful rhubarb cream pie. (I think I had 4 pieces the night we arrived!) Mt. St. Helens blew the next day, turning the whole sky pitch-black (which turned the street lights on at noon!) We had a hard time driving back through all the ash to our jobs at Boeing, but I had her tasty recipe in my pocket! She's since passed on to the happy bakery in the sky, but her recipe lives on, and it's the only pie I'll make. I love it, love it, LOVE IT!

Here's a bunch more rhubarb pie recipes:

By Cyinda from near Seattle

Is there a top crust on this pie?

rhubarb pie with a slice gone and stalks next to pie pan
Rhubarb Pie Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts PiesAugust 20, 2008
Freezing Rhubarb
Freezing Rhubarb
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Recipes
Cooking Rhubarb
fresh delicious sour cream
Homemade Sour Cream Recipes