How Late Do You Hand Out Candy?

What time do you "close up shop" and turn off the porch lights for incoming Trick-or-Treaters on Halloween night? We get so few it is hard to tell when it is time. Many thanks.

Karen from Washington

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I usually stop at 8:00 on the weekdays Since it is on a friday night this year probably till9:00 or until I run out of candy which ever is first.

Our community has established guidelines for times to hand out candy. It is normally from 6-8 pm at that time, people are encouraged to turn off the porch light and trick or treaters, and the adults with them, are encouraged to return home.

Our community has established 5-8 pm as trick or treat hours. The porch light goes off after 8.

Here in Northeastern Ohio it is 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.

we live in town where we start getting them at 5:30 after they have came from downtown where the merchants hand out candy, and we get them until 8:00 then it drifts off by 8:30. I feel that anyone after that is the age that is not with parents or should not be out that late so we close the door and turn off the light.

Here in south Texas it's usually from 7:00 pm until around 9:00 pm.

I usually turn out my light about 8:15 pm.

Here in Ludington Michigan it's 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

North Bay, Ontario Canada it seems to be personal choice. We usually check the neighbours and if they have put out their Jackolanterns or porch lights we do too. Rule of thumb for our house otherwise is 9 pm

8:30 or when I run out of candy. By then most of the kids who actually should be trick or treating are in.

http://www.savingspotpourri.blogspot.com/

Answer

Holidays and Parties Halloween AdviceOctober 31, 2008
Close-up of Little Chocolate Bells
Saving Money On Candy
Homemade rock candy.
Homemade Rock Candy
Two crossed candy canes and a tree shaped cookie cutter.
Recipes Using Candy Canes
Freezing Candy
Freezing Candy
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 6:18:18 PM on 10.0.0.75 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.