Dryer Taking Longer to Dry Clothes

I have been using my dryer to heat the house. Now it seems it takes longer to dry the clothes and the house gets humid. Is my dryer bad?

By Joy

My dryer started taking longer to dry clothes, but it was still getting hot (I could reach in and I'd have damp, hot clothes). I had my husband get a brush-thing to use on the dryer, then he got a brush/auger to use on the vent that goes out the house. Here is a link to what we got, but I think he got ours from Home Depot or Lowe's.

http://www.amazon.com/Gardus-RLE202 ... B0014CN8Y8/ref=sr_1_1?tag=thrif06-20

Clean the vents first; if you want your clothes to dry faster simply put in a large thick dry cotton towel with them; it absorbs the water faster! (And cuts down on utility bills!)

Usually if the clothes are taking longer to dry it usually is lint clogging the exhaust piping somewhere. Also, you should never vent the dyer into the house or attic. You are pumping warm humid air into the house.

Where do you think the moisture goes? It goes into the air. Venting your dryer into the house is downright dangerous if it is a gas dryer. If it is electric, it will make the air very damp and can cause mold to grow on the walls.

clothes dryer
Dryer Isn't Drying Clothes
Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing DryersSeptember 27, 2010
English daisies.
Taking Photos of Your Garden
Putting on Jeans
Saving Money on Clothes While Dieting
A package of cornmeal.
Dry Carpet Cleaner Recipes
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
🎄