Homemade Neck Coolers

I am making a neck wrap to keep cool in hot weather. What does it get filled with?

By Sandy from Uncasville, CT

Go to this website for instructions and ordering the gel:

http://www.p2designs.com/ShipCooler.htm

Well, my lady made neck warmers and filled it with rice. She heats the warmer in a microwave in winter and puts in the fridg in the summer.

You can also buy the gel crystals at the garden store, they're used in potted plants to help the soil hold moisture. Be aware that you only use a very small amount of the crystals, maybe a teaspoon, total? Test them first; as if you overfill, it sort of oozes. I made a bunch of neck coolers to send to soldiers in Iraq a few years ago. The crystals are much cheaper locally.

You can use rice as well. Just have to make sure you have good material and a strong stitch. These can be put in the freezer as well.

Good luck!

Glenda

There was a lady making those at a craft show I attended, she used those crystals you use in soil to hold water they worked pretty good.

There was a lady making those at a craft show I attended, she used those crystals you use in soil to hold water, they worked pretty good.

Buy the ones the soldiers in Iraq use from Soldiers Angels online. Only 3.95 and it supports the troops. I cut mine in half and shared the other half with a friend.

If you are just making one or two, get a disposable diaper and cut it open. That's the stuff you use, but be careful. That stuff really expands and you only need a little.

Crafts MiscellaneousJuly 13, 2010
Neck tie Christmas wreath idea.
Neck Tie Christmas Wreath
A woman in a white t-shirt grabbing her sore neck.
Avoiding Neck Strain
Cat Scratching Its Neck
Cat Scratching Its Neck
Styrofoam Cooler
Uses for Styrofoam Coolers
🎄
🍂