Mother's Day Gift Ideas

With Mother's Day approaching, I thought I would suggest a few of the gifts I have received through my many Mother's Days that I have truly appreciated.

From free to more expensive, not in order however:

• A simple visit and stroll down memory lane of the good times

• Lunch date, complete with a small bouquet on the table just for her

• A dozen annual flowers in a cardboard box to put where I wanted

• A simple planter of annual flowers to set wherever or plant

• A rose bush

• A bus ticket to visit a friend

• A bus or plane ticket to your house

• A bus ticket to a favorite spot marked with special sites along the way

• Dinner brought in or maybe breakfast instead

• Calls from the grand children even if moms and dads have to prompt them into it.

• A piece of paper made into a card, no matter how crude, saying simply I love you and thanks for giving me life, or if adopted for choosing to make mine special.

Remember a gift is always nice, but it really is the thought that counts, just being remembered by the children they choose to have is what means the most to any Mother.

By Latrtatr from Loup City, NE

Editor's Note: Do you have any favorite Mother's Day gifts that you would like to suggest? Post them here!

Make a "Memory Jar" for an inexpensive gift. Write some nice

memories on slips of paper and put them in a pretty jar or dish for Mom.

My sister and I gave mother one, and she has had many pleasant hours reading and remembering My sister surprised me with one for my birthday and I will always cherish it. - Evelyn from Southeastern Ohio

I made my mom a blank scrapbook, it had everything but the pictures, for christmas, but would be a great mothers day gift. My favorite gift I ever received was a letter from my stepson telling me how much he loved and appreciated me and how he was so grateful I was in his and his dads life. I keep that letter close to my heart.

I vote with Paula Jo and Becca, both. Since hubby's older and doesn't always feel up to cooking - and with a visual impairment, he rarely wants to trust me in the kitchen even though I'm safer than he is, lol! Heat-&-eats from Schwann's would be more than welcome. Since we're also on limited income, the utility payment would be another welcome gift.

My favorite gift wasn't for Mother's Day, but Christmas: our daughter and son-in-law took us grocery shopping and paid for about $50 in groceries. That was a huge help!

Last year was sweet, though, and funny: both younger sons brought flowers, lol! One brought cut flowers in a Mason jar, the other brought a small flat of petunias. Hubby was sweet enough to plant them, and I even got to walk around and "see" them sometimes. That really made me happy. The only thing I'd have liked better was the things Paula Jo and Becca mentioned.

I love spoiling my mom, but she has everything (and more!) and also has the money to buy herself anything she wants, which means I have to be more creative and of course frugal. She also lives 1000 miles away, so I can't do anything for her in person.

Every year, I pick up thrift books/puzzles and nice designer clothing at the second hand store. I throw in a few handmade soaps that I make as well. This year I will be purchasing some tulips from the grocery store and sending them along with the gifts. My hubby gets heavy discounts with a courier so the shipping won't be much. I might spend a total of $30 including next day shipping. I wanted to send her flowers from a florist but figured that it'd be cheaper for me to send them myself and I can also pick out the bouquet!

My all time favorite mother's day gift was the year the kids gave me a star. The card they wrote me was priceless. It was not expensive, but the thoughtfulness and creativity they put into the gift made it extra special.

Wrapped Mother's Day gift.
Mother's Day Gift Ideas
Holidays and Parties Mothers Day GiftsApril 16, 2010
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mother's Day Party Ideas
Mom and Kids Celebrating Mother's Day
Celebrating Mother's Day
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
Recipes and Food Ideas for Mother's Day
🎉
🎄