ThemesDecorating

Creating a Fishing Room

Category Themes

I would like to make a room for my husband. He LOVES to Bass fish and would love to have his own fishing room. Does anyone have any ideas that I can do and try to surprise him? I need tips on shelving for ALL his fishing lures and string. If you need pictures of the room I can take some it is a huge room.

Michele from TENNESSEE

Michele, for some cute wall decorations take a look at the website www.tatouagedesigns.com they have rub-on wall decals of a fishing theme with a net, poles, lures, creel, ect.

GET USED FISHING POLES FROM SALES AND HANG FOR A CURTAIN ROD AND YOU CAN BUY CANOES WITH SHELVING FOR A BOOK CASE,USUALLY AT FLEA MARKETS ALREADY MADE FROM 2"ON UP. LOOK IN YOUR PIC. FOR ANY OF HIM WITH FAMILY OR FRIENDS FISHING AND HANG ON THE WALL IN A PATTERN THAT FITS. AND A MUST HAVE, IS ONE OF THE BASS FISH THAT SINGS BY THE DOOR. GET A WOODEN COFFEE TABLE WITH A GLASS TOP AND PUT A FAKE BOTTOM IN IT,ADD SOME SAND WITH RIVER ROCK, SMALL PIECES OF DRIFT WOOD AND SOME OLD OR NEW FISHING LURES AND COVER WITH THE GLASS.

To hang fishing lures, why not try this. Purchase a huge form board, attach cotton batting, and then a coordinating fabric for your theme. Make your own frame using crown molding. Hang your lures.

You could also use an existing wall art and recover with your fabric. Be sure to cover the back if the hooks poke through.

Got to thinking, if it's too hard to poke through, attach ribbon on to it and hang from the ribbon.

I have one of our bathrooms decorated in fish. I have a fish serving tray, leaning against the wall upon our lighting fixture over the sink (my best find! It was only .05 cents at a yard sale!) I have fishing related Christmas ornaments hanging in various areas in the bathroom (bought these at Hobby Lobby a few years ago.) I've got a bass jumping in the lake item that I bought at an arts & crafts fair, hanging over 1 shower. My fish bathroom are all done in mostly Bass, not the colorful tropical fish items, that are more easily found.