Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Green Counters and Floor

I am wanting to paint my kitchen walls. My counter top and floor are dark green. My cabinets are white and oak. What color would you go with? Right now the walls are white. Thank you.

By Edwina from Monteagle, TN

If you ever watch the TV designer shows, a lot of them tell you to look for inspiration from an unrelated point of view. For example, take a color sample of your green counter tops and floors to a fabric store and find fabric samples of prints and patterns with that shade of green. Compare the different colors used in the fabrics that have your shade of green and go with what pleases your eye.

Before I had seen these shows I actually did something similar (albeit backwards) with my kitchen several years back. I stumbled upon a print fabric that had a combination of colors I liked and used it to pick out flooring, cabinets, counter tops and paint. Although it wasn't my original intent, I ended up using some of the fabric in window treatments, too. All turned out rather nicely. Good luck!

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceDecember 18, 2010
Kitchen with tile.
Kitchen Floor Tile Color Advice
A woman sweeping a nice wood kitchen floor.
Kitchen Floor Color Advice
Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Paint Color Advice for Kitchen With Maple Cabinets
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice
Kitchen Cabinet Paint Color Advice