Use Goo Gone to Remove Sticker Residue

To remove price stickers, bumper stickers, or glue residue try using Goo Gone. I have found it to be the best, fastest, and will not damage. I even used it on t-shirts and jeans after I removed a stick-on label and it left a glue residue. It works great on plastic and glass. I always keep a bottle on hand. It can be purchased at many hardware, discount, and major stores.

Source: This is my own idea after trying different products and other suggestions.

By Linda from Arlington, Texas

I agree; Goo-Gone is the best. Recently our neighbor cut down a pine tree that had grown too big and our grandson helped him carry and stack the cut-up pieces. He got sap all over his shirt and thought it was ruined--but Goo-Gone took out every bit of it.

I haven't used goo-gone, So I'm not too sure how it works. But I have used GOOF-OFF, I used it on our windows to remove stickers when they were new, and then again at Christmas to take a tough label off of a new pan. NEVER AGAIN! Not realizing how flammable it was, I even washed it off with soap and scrubbed the bottom of the pan to be sure. It ended up making sparks on our stove, which ruined the element & could've burst into flames & took our house too. I shut off the heat right away and put out the flames. it spread to the other burners, and ruined the other pans too. We ended up having to get all new pans & a new stove because of a stupid price sticker & a spray can of goof-off. So no matter what you're using BE CAREFUL and read DIRECTIONS! Our stove & pans were only 2 years old!

She's right! Goo Gone really does work!

Another thing I like about it is that it has a nice lemony smell, not chemical at all.

Works & smells good too!

I ran out of Goo-Gone and used Pam or a similar spray. Also, I've used a vegetable oil on a paper towel and both accomplish the same.

I have used Goo Gone to remove residue from tape from my skin and my boyfriend's skin after being in the hospital since they always use lots of tape and never think to remove it before you leave.

Soak a rag in vinegar and leave sit on the sticker a couple minutes. Then simply wipe off. This is cheaper the goo gone and works better from my experience.

To remove goo or adhesive the cheapest product i know of that is natural and chemical free is Eucalyptus Oil. You can get it from most supermarkets - if you need information about removing stickers or decals try www.decalstickerremover.com as have a couple of products designed specifically for the job

I've used peanut butter to remove adhesives.

Removing Sticker Residue
Removing Sticker Residue
Home and Garden Cleaning MiscellaneousMay 16, 2008
basket of dirty laundry
Removing Petroleum Based Solvent Odor from Clothing
Bumper Sticker
Removing a Bumper Sticker
A leather suitcase with travel stickers.
Removing Sticker Residue on Leather
Close up of racks of woks for sale.  You can see the sticker reflected from the inside of the pan
Cleaning Glue Residue From Pots and Pans
🎉
🎄