Chicken Dumpling Soup

Ingredients

• 2 cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 3 1/3 cups milk, divided
  • 1 2/3 cups biscuit/baking mix (like Bisquick)

Directions

In a 3 qt. saucepan, combine soup and 2 2/3 cups of milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat. In a bowl, combine biscuit mix with remaining milk just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons into simmering soup. Cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes longer or until dumplings test done (do not lift lid while simmering).

By Robin from Washington, IA

I just mentioned this same recipe to someone the other day. It's simple, easy and delicious. I especially like it in the winter when there is two feet of snow on the ground. I really recommend it!

Robin please don't take this wrong... I always love reading your recipes even if I never actually make them... but you wrote something here I've run across in recipes for years and it continues to floor me. Please think about this: "Cover and simmer for 10-12 minutes longer or until dumplings test done. (Do not lift lid while simmering)."

Back when I was a kid there was an old expression, "Don't go near the water 'til you learn how to swim", and this instruction reminds me of that old saying. Anyway I'm writing this in hopes that you will find a smile in it, not to put you down in any way. I love your recipes!

July 28, 2011 Flag
This is a simple and very good tasting soup to make. It is done in less than thirty minutes.

• 3 1/3 cups milk, divided
  • 2 (10 3/4 oz.) cans condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
  • 1 2/3 cups of biscuit/baking mix

Directions:

In a 3 quart saucepan, combine soup and 2 2/3 cups of the milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat, and reduce heat.

Combine biscuit mix with remaining milk just until blended. Drop by rounded tablespoons onto simmering soup. Cook uncovered for 10 minutes.

Cover and simmer an additional 10 - 12 minutes longer until done.

Servings: 4
Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 22 Minutes

By Robyn Fed from Tri-Cities, TN

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Campfire Chicken and Dumplings
Chicken and Dumpling Soup Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups ChickenJuly 6, 2007
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Bowl of cream of tomato soup garnished with chives.
Freezing Tomato Soup
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume
👒
🐰
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 19, 2017 at 3:16:17 AM on 10.0.2.214 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.