Melting Butterscotch Morsels

I am trying to melt butterscotch morsels in a microwave using a double boiler. They will not melt like semi chocolate chips. What do I need to do?

V.S.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I haven't done it for a while but have in the past. I didnt use a double-boiler, just a microwave safe bowl.

I did it at 50% power. I did very short intervals (30 seconds approx) and then stirred after each. When they start to get melty but you can still see some 'lump's of the chips in the bowl then take it out and try to stir it the rest of the way to melt. If you melt them too much they will scorch.

The timing will depend on what amount of morsels you are trying to melt. I only melted prob a cup.

This recipe from Nestle's uses their butterscotch chips and it gives what they recommend to melt in either a micro or a stovetop double-boiler. They recommend using 70% power:

http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=18477

You could try adding a teaspoon or so of shortning to the chips. It helps thin our chocolate chips so should work for butterscotch chips as well.

Answer

Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceDecember 23, 2008
A banana split with butterscotch sauce.
Butterscotch Sauce Recipes
Butterscotch Brownie
Butterscotch Brownie Recipes
Butterscotch Haystacks
Butterscotch Haystack Recipes
Butterscotch Puddings
Butterscotch Pudding Dessert Recipes
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 24, 2016 at 6:37:34 PM on 10.0.2.249 in 961 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.