Golden Summer Salad
This combines 5 golden fruits and vegetables and is great for BBQs and any summer party.
- 2 cups carrot, coarsely grated
- 1/2 cup yellow/red capsicum (bell peppers), finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion (salad onion), finely chopped
- 1 cup orange (peeled and pith removed) segmented and cut into 1/2 cm. (1/4 inch) chunks
- 1 cup tinned crushed pineapple, drained
Combine and serve in suitable dish with your own salad dressing (vinaigrette) or combine 1/2 cup vinegar, 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and sugar to taste.
|Time:||15 Minutes Preparation Time|
0 Minutes Cooking Time
Source: My sister introduced this to our Christmas feast in 1990 and I've used it for any group gatherings since. (Christmas in Australia is mid-Summer.)
By joycerose from Morley, Western Australia
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 28, 2016 at 10:48:19 AM on 10.0.0.181 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us