How Long Will Your Appliance Last?

This was in the Dallas Morning News. The idea being that if your appliance is older than the age posted, start saving up for a new one or expecting breakdowns. A friend quoted to me something about "if an appliance repair is over $150, buy another one". I thought she said this nugget of info came from Consumer Reports - but I am not positive.

Another friend went appliance shopping, looking for an expensive something or other that would last a lifetime. The clerk told her that nothing is built today to give that kind of use and to just get the least expensive one that has all of her requirements.

By Holly from Richardson, TX

table of appliance life
Source: Dallas Morning News

Good advice. Also these older, I know even 15 years for a major appliance doesn't seem that much older, use a lot more energy than todays energy efficient models. You may be shocked to learn just how much more. Your new appliance may pay for itself in a relatively short period of time depending on your current costs to run your old ones.

Home Appliances
Saving Money on Home Appliances
Consumer Advice Tips for ConsumersJune 28, 2007
dried spices
How Long Do Dried Herbs and Spices Last?
Handyman Finding Appliance Manuals Online
Finding Appliance Manuals Online
woman wearing nylons
Making Nylons Last Longer
tennis shoes
Making Your Shoes Last Longer