How Do I Keep Squirrels Out of an RV?

What is a good way to keep squirrels and other pests out of our motorhome that is parked?

By Norma from Bethlehem, GA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance
Best Answer

Close up all openings. However, if you are talking about the engine compartment there is no way to enclose the bottom of the engine. My suggest is to buy a Havahart live trap from the local hardware store, trap the critters and release them about 10 miles away. You won't get rid of them completely, but you can control the population.

Best Answer

Try Fresh Cab. Works for about 3 months and has no poison. I know it works for rodents I'm not sure if it's labeled for squirrels. Check with the company to make sure.

I would imagine if you keep it shut up, squirrels wouldn't get in it. I have squirrels that climb the screen on my patio door, and they never manage to get it open, so they can get inside.

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try this. I don't think they come up in the engine, more towards the back.

Maybe mothballs would keep them out where you don't want them. We used them in a cabin in Michigan to keep the mice out.

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

A squirrel rubbing its paws together.
Keeping Squirrels Out of an RV
Home and Garden Pest Control Squirrels and ChipmunksMarch 14, 2011
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
Squirrel sitting.
Squirrels Eating Tomatoes
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 7:43:04 AM on 10.0.2.243 in 990 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.