How Do I Keep Squirrels Out of an RV?

What is a good way to keep squirrels and other pests out of our motorhome that is parked?

By Norma from Bethlehem, GA

Best AnswersAnswer this Question

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By Deanj 917 03/14/2011

Close up all openings. However, if you are talking about the engine compartment there is no way to enclose the bottom of the engine. My suggest is to buy a Havahart live trap from the local hardware store, trap the critters and release them about 10 miles away. You won't get rid of them completely, but you can control the population.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By The Bug Dr 5 03/16/2011

Try Fresh Cab. Works for about 3 months and has no poison. I know it works for rodents I'm not sure if it's labeled for squirrels. Check with the company to make sure.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Joan 13 1,482 03/14/2011

I would imagine if you keep it shut up, squirrels wouldn't get in it. I have squirrels that climb the screen on my patio door, and they never manage to get it open, so they can get inside.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Norma 2 1 03/15/2011

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try this. I don't think they come up in the engine, more towards the back.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By JoRock 6 03/15/2011

Maybe mothballs would keep them out where you don't want them. We used them in a cabin in Michigan to keep the mice out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No