How Do I Keep Squirrels Out of an RV?

By Norma 2 1

What is a good way to keep squirrels and other pests out of our motorhome that is parked?

By Norma from Bethlehem, GA

Showing: Answers Sort

By Deanj 917 Flag

March 14, 2011Best Answer

Close up all openings. However, if you are talking about the engine compartment there is no way to enclose the bottom of the engine. My suggest is to buy a Havahart live trap from the local hardware store, trap the critters and release them about 10 miles away. You won't get rid of them completely, but you can control the population.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By The Bug Dr 5 Flag

March 16, 2011Best Answer

Try Fresh Cab. Works for about 3 months and has no poison. I know it works for rodents I'm not sure if it's labeled for squirrels. Check with the company to make sure.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Joan 13 1,478 Flag

I would imagine if you keep it shut up, squirrels wouldn't get in it. I have squirrels that climb the screen on my patio door, and they never manage to get it open, so they can get inside.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Norma 2 1 Flag

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try this. I don't think they come up in the engine, more towards the back.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By JoRock 6 Flag

Maybe mothballs would keep them out where you don't want them. We used them in a cabin in Michigan to keep the mice out.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

A squirrel rubbing its paws together.
Keeping Squirrels Out of an RV
Home and Garden Pest Control Squirrels and ChipmunksMarch 14, 2011
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Closeup of Gray Squirrel
Keeping Squirrels Out of Fruit Trees
Squirrel Chewing
Squirrels Chewing on Car Wiring
A squirrel rubbing its paws together.
Keeping Squirrels Out of an RV
Squirrel Eating From Bird Feeder
Keeping Squirrels Away (Deterring Squirrels)
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 13, 2016 at 7:35:19 AM on 10.0.0.173 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings