Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

How Do I Keep Squirrels Out of an RV?

What is a good way to keep squirrels and other pests out of our motorhome that is parked?

By Norma from Bethlehem, GA

Best Answers

These answers have been rated the best for this question.

By The Bug Dr03/16/2011

Try Fresh Cab. Works for about 3 months and has no poison. I know it works for rodents I'm not sure if it's labeled for squirrels. Check with the company to make sure.

By Deanj03/14/2011

Close up all openings. However, if you are talking about the engine compartment there is no way to enclose the bottom of the engine. My suggest is to buy a Havahart live trap from the local hardware store, trap the critters and release them about 10 miles away. You won't get rid of them completely, but you can control the population.

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By JoRock03/15/2011

Maybe mothballs would keep them out where you don't want them. We used them in a cabin in Michigan to keep the mice out.

By Norma [2]03/15/2011

Thank you for your suggestions. I will try this. I don't think they come up in the engine, more towards the back.

By Joan [13]03/14/2011

I would imagine if you keep it shut up, squirrels wouldn't get in it. I have squirrels that climb the screen on my patio door, and they never manage to get it open, so they can get inside.